Highlighted
aro Contributor - Level 2
Contributor - Level 2

Nova's EQ

My only experience with EQ has been the amp's typical EQ (bass, middle, treble) and a bit of Boss GE-7.

Now I want to make use of Nova's EQ. It's a three band EQ and each band has three parameters. My question is this: do those parameters relate in any way to the Boss GE-7 knobs?

I don't know if this even makes sense... I'm asking this because somehow I don't get it, it doesn't click in my mind. The Boss has seven bands, and I can full around with any of them individually until I get it right. The Nova has only three bands, but each band has another three parameters. Does this make it as flexible as a GE-7?

I know that I can play with Nova's EQ and get it sound right without necessarily understanding what I did, but I'm curious how it works. Three bands with three additional parameters... Big mystery to me...

P.S. I got my Nova replacement and it's great, so far no problems.
Tags (1)
aro Contributor - Level 2 2008-10-23

2008-10-23

Nova's EQ

My only experience with EQ has been the amp's typical EQ (bass, middle, treble) and a bit of Boss GE-7.

Now I want to make use of Nova's EQ. It's a three band EQ and each band has three parameters. My question is this: do those parameters relate in any way to the Boss GE-7 knobs?

I don't know if this even makes sense... I'm asking this because somehow I don't get it, it doesn't click in my mind. The Boss has seven bands, and I can full around with any of them individually until I get it right. The Nova has only three bands, but each band has another three parameters. Does this make it as flexible as a GE-7?

I know that I can play with Nova's EQ and get it sound right without necessarily understanding what I did, but I'm curious how it works. Three bands with three additional parameters... Big mystery to me...

P.S. I got my Nova replacement and it's great, so far no problems.

aro Contributor - Level 2
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Nova's EQ

OK, I guess I start getting it now. GE-7 is a graphical equalizer while Nova has a parameteric equalizer. That's where the differences start.