Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Soft gig-bags for the G-system

I know a lot of people have developed these beautiful custom hard-shell cases for the G-system. However, I'm wondering what soft-gig bags would work equally well.

I currently have a Novation 48-key bag that works perfectly with the G-system and my pedals (just the BBpreamp). However, it's beginning to fall apart from use. I'd be curious to know what others are using....For me, it's important to have the backpack or shoulder strap since I have a one-trip equipment rig (G-system+Mesa Express).

Thanks,

Kevin
Taylor SolidBody Custom, Gibson Johnny A. Signature, Mesa Express 5:50, BBpreamp, RC Booster, Moogerfooger Murf-105M, G-system
Tags (1)
kevin_jazz Contributor - Level 2 2007-12-19

2007-12-19

Soft gig-bags for the G-system

I know a lot of people have developed these beautiful custom hard-shell cases for the G-system. However, I'm wondering what soft-gig bags would work equally well.

I currently have a Novation 48-key bag that works perfectly with the G-system and my pedals (just the BBpreamp). However, it's beginning to fall apart from use. I'd be curious to know what others are using....For me, it's important to have the backpack or shoulder strap since I have a one-trip equipment rig (G-system+Mesa Express).

Thanks,

Kevin

• 0 Kudos
  • 6 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Soft gig-bags for the G-system

I've been using one of these for about a year. http://www.bossgtcentral.com/carrybag.html
It's AWESOME!! Extremely well made and the G-Sys fits beautifully...
It also has a padded front pouch that carries my Morley Wah, and a handful of Stompboxes and the back pouch takes my cables/leads etc..
Wide strap with steel clips and hoops.......
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

teejay wrote:
I've been using one of these for about a year. http://www.bossgtcentral.com/carrybag.html
It also has a padded front pouch that carries my Morley Wah, and a handful of Stompboxes and the back pouch takes my cables/leads etc..

+1

For the cosmetically conscious, I coloured-in the embroidered 'GTCentral' logo with a black marker pen (it's tiny anyway)
Cheers, David. Soundclick
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

teejay wrote:

Looks good. Any chance you have a photo of the gsys in the bag anywhere?
I'm just curious to see how snug the fit is... any chance there's space for a volume pedal or two? Smiley Happy Also, is the gsys bolted on something?
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

teejay wrote:

I checked the website. It's 23 x 10 x 3, but
the G-system is
20.2" x 10.5" x 4.1".

So is it a tight fit?
Taylor SolidBody Custom, Gibson Johnny A. Signature, Mesa Express 5:50, BBpreamp, RC Booster, Moogerfooger Murf-105M, G-system
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

kevin_jazz wrote:
the G-system is
20.2" x 10.5" x 4.1".

So is it a tight fit?

I'd say that it was snug but perfectly fine.
Cheers, David. Soundclick
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

digitalkettle wrote:
kevin_jazz wrote:
the G-system is
20.2" x 10.5" x 4.1".

So is it a tight fit?

I'd say that it was snug but perfectly fine.

I'd like to have a semi-hard/soft case that I could hook up most of the pedals to reduce set-up time. I think it takes me about 10-15 min so far. I'm thinking a keyboard gig bag might work.

Also, I'm wondering if any has tried the PEDALTRAIN Pedaltrain 2 Soft Case Pedal Board.

It's 24x12.5x2, though perhaps the PEDALTRAIN PRO soft case at 32x16x3 might provide more room for the adjacent volume and expression pedals.

I've never had to put my stuff on a plane and the G-system is pretty solid (at least based on the tank!). I like to keep weight to a minimum because I prefer to be a "one-trip" musician for setting-up.

Kevin