Highlighted

Where to get an update card? 2019

Contributor - Level 2
It seems that finding a pcmcia card to work in the g-force, is near impossible. TC's new owners inform me that they have no cards to sell, nor the file to put on a card (for firmware), should I even find a card that works. After buying 3 pcmcia cards to collect dust in my desk (they dont work in the gforce), I am about to give up.

Does ANYONE have a pcmcia card with the newer firmware 2.XX on it, they would sell me? I'd even pay to borrow the thing. I have lost too much money buying gforces and incompatible cards to try much longer.

I have one unit with updated firmware. I know its a long shot, but does anyone know of a way to send the FW from one unit to another, via ribbon cable or midi? Thanks.
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Where to get an update card? 2019

Contributor - Level 2
matron carries SRAM PRETEC 512KB PCMCIA CARDS WHICH WORK IN TC G FORCES.

IN AUGUST 2017 I bought a couple of Pretec SRAM P/N SN5512 15026886 pcmcia cards work just fine w tc G-Forces I paid around 60$ each for 2 of these cards

Alex Gentle
Nashville, TN

Contributor - Level 2
amtron online

Contributor - Level 2
Excellent, thanks. I'll look into that. I'm in NC, you wouldnt happen to have the 2.04 firmware on any of those cards? I'd be willing to make the LONG drive to let you update, if that was even an option. There's also snail mail. Regardless, thank you.