Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Behringer XR 18 and Crestron

We have three Crestron systems that have a Behringer XAIR XR18 Mixer. As of right now, there is no way we can control these mixers using Crestron SIMPL Windows. We are using a dedicated application to control audio in these spaces (XAir). Do you know if there is a Crestron module or some way other way (TCP/IP, etc) we can control this mixer(preferably using SIMPL)?

NYCCT_Josh Contributor - Level 1 2020-02-22

2020-02-22

Behringer XR 18 and Crestron

We have three Crestron systems that have a Behringer XAIR XR18 Mixer. As of right now, there is no way we can control these mixers using Crestron SIMPL Windows. We are using a dedicated application to control audio in these spaces (XAir). Do you know if there is a Crestron module or some way other way (TCP/IP, etc) we can control this mixer(preferably using SIMPL)?

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Behringer XR 18 and Crestron

Hi Josh @NYCCT_Josh 

Welcome to the forum. This question has come up occasionally over the years. Unfortunatley the X-Air and X32 digital consoles do not communicate via TCP/IP. Instead it uses UDP via ethernet and uses the OSC protocol for its control commands. 

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted
Rock Star - Level 3

Re: Behringer XR 18 and Crestron

Hi @NYCCT_Josh , 

I'm actually kicking around the idea of implementing an XAir bridge that talks OSC to the XAir and a simple command set over either serial or tcp/ip from an automation controller.  The target system is going to be Homeseer but I could probably make it general enough to support just about any controller.  The bridge would run as a service on a Raspberry Pi so is should be nearly maintenance free once configured.  

PM me if you are interested in discussing this further. 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver