Contributor - Level 2

Speakers

I don't know where to ask, the audiophile subreddit was no help, not much on google either.

I'm looking for passive speakers that do well with techno & electronic music in general. I'm sure you'vee noticed that sometimes high end speakers are great for all types of music, except for techno and electro where the bass doesn't sound sharp and detailed but rather slow and messy. how to win at internet cafe sweepstakes

What passive speakers would you guys recommend ?

bhaikosalam Contributor - Level 2 2019-08-19

2019-08-19

Speakers

I don't know where to ask, the audiophile subreddit was no help, not much on google either.

I'm looking for passive speakers that do well with techno & electronic music in general. I'm sure you'vee noticed that sometimes high end speakers are great for all types of music, except for techno and electro where the bass doesn't sound sharp and detailed but rather slow and messy. how to win at internet cafe sweepstakes

What passive speakers would you guys recommend ?

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Contributor - Level 3

Re: Speakers

What size, power and price range are you looking for? Otherwise the sky's the limit. 

"sometimes high end speakers are great for all types of music, except for techno and electro where the bass doesn't sound sharp and detailed "

That's why active speakers can be so much better with separate amps for the top and bass where the bass can be much better controlled by being directly connected to the bass amp without any crossover components in between.

Valued Contributor - Level 1

Re: Speakers

Why passive?  Do you already have the amps? If so, what make/model?  Is this for a permanent install or for portable use?  If permanent, what's the venue like? Home, club, etc. 

As Richard already said, and in my opinion, techno/electronic works best with split bass/mid/high vs. full range speaker cabinets.   My home system even has the bass split into mid-bass (80-50hz) and deep-bass (50-16hz) subs. 

Hope this helps, 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver