Contributor - Level 2

Model D - sound issue with certain settings

Hi,

Could somebody who has the Model D, please try making sounds based on these recordings and tell me if this is normal. I am trying to get a nice smooth synth sound, but there seems to be this problem even when there is no Osc turned on. (Maybe this is normal, and I am looking for something the Model D is not suited for)

Link to google drive folder 

Thanks!

Recording 1 - everything turned off, everything set to 0. Output vol max.

Recording 2 - same as before but with sustain in loudness contour set to 10.

Recording 3 - osc 1 turned on, vol 10 in mixer, lC sustain still at 10. Cutoff set to -2. Click from first 2 recordings is present - how can I set it to just hear the osc sound???

Recording 4 - All osc turned off, cutoff at 0, filter emphasis at 10, amount of contour at 10. Sustain moving from 0 to 10 (Slight difference in sound) If you add osc 1 and turn up the cut off, the clicking drowns out the synth sound.

Recording 5 - All osc turned off. Loudness contour Sustain set at 10, Overload switch (not sure of its name) turned on and set to 10. Cutoff set to 2. By modulating only the loudness contour sustain I get this sound.

Recording 6 - All osc turned off. LC sustain at 10, cut off at -2. I can change the sound using the sustain. (WARNING high frequency sounds in this recording.)

StephenPearson Contributor - Level 2 2019-11-04

2019-11-04

Model D - sound issue with certain settings

Hi,

Could somebody who has the Model D, please try making sounds based on these recordings and tell me if this is normal. I am trying to get a nice smooth synth sound, but there seems to be this problem even when there is no Osc turned on. (Maybe this is normal, and I am looking for something the Model D is not suited for)

Link to google drive folder 

Thanks!

Recording 1 - everything turned off, everything set to 0. Output vol max.

Recording 2 - same as before but with sustain in loudness contour set to 10.

Recording 3 - osc 1 turned on, vol 10 in mixer, lC sustain still at 10. Cutoff set to -2. Click from first 2 recordings is present - how can I set it to just hear the osc sound???

Recording 4 - All osc turned off, cutoff at 0, filter emphasis at 10, amount of contour at 10. Sustain moving from 0 to 10 (Slight difference in sound) If you add osc 1 and turn up the cut off, the clicking drowns out the synth sound.

Recording 5 - All osc turned off. Loudness contour Sustain set at 10, Overload switch (not sure of its name) turned on and set to 10. Cutoff set to 2. By modulating only the loudness contour sustain I get this sound.

Recording 6 - All osc turned off. LC sustain at 10, cut off at -2. I can change the sound using the sustain. (WARNING high frequency sounds in this recording.)

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Model D - sound issue with certain settings

bump

Contributor - Level 2

Re: Model D - sound issue with certain settings

Might be a good idea to read up un basic synthsizing technics. Even with all audio signals all turned off it is possible to get some sounds if your listening device is cranked to the max. You are getting into the noise floor. By the way, the "Overload" is the External Input".