Contributor - Level 2

3 outputs to main X32 fader?

Hi,

Is there any chance we assign an extra output to the mains fader. We are currently using a temporary building as our church is being refurbished and to save time and space, we want to utilise their speakers by connecting to their system. We want to bring one of our church subwoofers, however this would need to be assigned to another output. Unfortunately we cannot daisy chain the signal.from the sub to the existing speakers.

Is there a way to include the subwoofer output to the main faders, so technically it is controlling 3 outputs. I don't particularly want to go through the matrix route just yet as our tech team are getting to grips the X32.

Thanks

AaronMan Contributor - Level 2 2019-09-09

2019-09-09

3 outputs to main X32 fader?

Hi,

Is there any chance we assign an extra output to the mains fader. We are currently using a temporary building as our church is being refurbished and to save time and space, we want to utilise their speakers by connecting to their system. We want to bring one of our church subwoofers, however this would need to be assigned to another output. Unfortunately we cannot daisy chain the signal.from the sub to the existing speakers.

Is there a way to include the subwoofer output to the main faders, so technically it is controlling 3 outputs. I don't particularly want to go through the matrix route just yet as our tech team are getting to grips the X32.

Thanks

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Trusted Contributor - Level 3

Re: 3 outputs to main X32 fader?

@AaronMan 

Yes. Although the Matrix is very useful and flexible, You can certainly assign (for example). LR ( Main) Output to 15 &16 and 13 &14 and 11 & 12....  You can use the Center channel if you would like.

To assign LR to XLR 13 & 14: Routing > Output 1-16 tab : Make a post fader selection in the L & R  (or MC) column for Output 13 & 14

Super Contributor - Level 2

Just to add a little bit-Making a matrix ch for that purpose is only a few steps. You would need a ch open (or one to temporarily use) in your routing/outputs 1-16 menu. I used ch 1 in my visual. Select that ch and set it to output matrix 1. Select your X32 M/C sub ch and on the 'sends' tab set it to be matrix 1 post fader, at 0 db. On the main l/r ch do the same, send it to matrix 1 post fader at 0 db. Whicever XLR # that you used (ch 1/xlr 1 in my visual) will carry the matrix with both sub and mains L/R on a single xlr out.matrix1.PNGmatrix2.PNG

Contributor - Level 2

Am I understanding correctly that you simply want to tie in your sub to a house system? If that is the case you may just be able to select "M/C depends on Main LR" in the "Mixer" tab of the setup window. Then assign "M/C" to the physical output channel you want to feed your sub with via the "Output 1-16" tab of the routing window. If I'm not mistaken then you can control your sub along with the mains via the L/R fader. The thing I can't recall is if you will still need to send to the sub, or if the L/R will do it automatically.