Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Behringer Wing Dante and Expansion Cards

Hi, we are interested in purchasing a Wing, however, are needing Dante and MADI.  A couple of questions regarding this.

1.  Is there an estimated release date for the Dante card and MADI card?

2.  It appears that Dante will be in the form of a card that fits within the Wing.  Is this something we have to have installed by Behringer at time of purchase, or can we add the card later ourselves?  This will determine whether we can purchase today or need to wait until a Wing with Dante built-in is released.

Thanks!

EddieWettach Contributor - Level 2 2020-02-12

2020-02-12

Behringer Wing Dante and Expansion Cards

Hi, we are interested in purchasing a Wing, however, are needing Dante and MADI.  A couple of questions regarding this.

1.  Is there an estimated release date for the Dante card and MADI card?

2.  It appears that Dante will be in the form of a card that fits within the Wing.  Is this something we have to have installed by Behringer at time of purchase, or can we add the card later ourselves?  This will determine whether we can purchase today or need to wait until a Wing with Dante built-in is released.

Thanks!

• 0 Kudos
  • 12 Replies
Highlighted
Rock Star - Level 2

Re: Behringer Wing Dante and Expansion Cards

HI @EddieWettach ,

1. No ETA announced yet. 

2. It is my understanding from hearing Jan Dua discuss it, Dante and SoundGrid will be implemented on internal cards that will be installed at the factory or by an authorized service center.  The internal card would save the external slot for other uses and would share the existing RJ45 ports on the Wing. .  There will also be an external card for Dante, SoundGrid, MADI, etc. that can be isntalled by the user.  Again, haven't seen nor heard a schedule yet. 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Highlighted
Rock Star - Level 1

@EddieWettach Just a bit of other info. I believe there was a very early on post, right after the Wing release and pre 1.01-either here or on facebook that someone put an XDante card in their wing and it worked-but being only 32 ch's not 48. The USB audio card access is not from the external card slot like with an X32 so I can almost see that it might work with both things not on a single card. I have one not installed at the moment but not so sure I dare try it! Besides this 64 ch Wing-Live card is really awesome! Specially since the new firmware you can now sync both. I think if it were me, I would opt for the user installable version allowing me the option to use either without outside service help. It also makes some sense to me that the user installed Dante card option might come out first but who knows.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks for the info.  We need both Dante and Madi, so will wait for the internal card as preinstalled to come available. 

Highlighted
Rock Star - Level 1

@EddieWettach Hi Eddie, just happened to watch a recent (Behringer released) Wing video at time 6:04 or so they talk about the Dante external card, sounds like it's first up and very close to release.

Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Hey Gary @GaryHiggins , just a remark about that report of someone on FB installing an X-Dante card in the Wing and it working - that is actually impossible, because the X cards are wider than the Wing cards. So its impossible to install, unless it is cut down using a dremel or something.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted
Rock Star - Level 1

@Paul_Vannatto Wow-Good to know, I guess I would have found that to be true had i the courage to try it-which I did not being brand spanking new and all. I actually am not sure it wasn't here I read it...or maybe It was all just a bad dream! Could have been pure spoof-which this new forum is not immune to BTW. if I see one more post about should I be a DJ or a Producer-essentially the SAME post by about 20 different user names I'll flip! Thanks for clearing that up!

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

@Paul_Vannatto and @GaryHiggins 

I believe this is the thread.  It seems that btsipsheim took the Brooklyn II module out of his X-Dante card and installed it internally into the Wing, but was only able to get 32x32.

Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Thanks Craig @CraigFowler . I do remember that post. But that is removing the module from the card and putting it into the internals of the Wing (which seems to void any warranty...). 

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted
Rock Star - Level 1

@CraigFowlerThanks for that, at least I wasn't totally crazy...close but not totally.