Contributor - Level 1

Behringer europort eps500mp3

I accidentally replaced the fuse of my europort esp500mp3 with a dc fuse and now one of the resistors blew, is there any one who knows the witch resistor I need to replace it? It's the green one. (R2)

Queavtechniek Contributor - Level 1 2019-11-29

2019-11-29

Behringer europort eps500mp3

I accidentally replaced the fuse of my europort esp500mp3 with a dc fuse and now one of the resistors blew, is there any one who knows the witch resistor I need to replace it? It's the green one. (R2)

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Super Contributor - Level 2

Re: Behringer europort eps500mp3

@Queavtechniek 

Hello Quinten, welcome to the community.

If the first fuse blew and the resistor burned after you replaced the fuse, it sounds as though there is a bigger problem in the power supply or amplifier. I suggest that you raise a Service Request Care ticket. You can do this through the Support menu on the top of the page - provided you have completed the mandatory fields in your profile.  

Contributor - Level 1

Thanks for the info. But is it possible that I blew the resistor because I used a dc instead of a ac fuse?

Super Contributor - Level 2

@Queavtechniek wrote:

Thanks for the info. But is it possible that I blew the resistor because I used a dc instead of a ac fuse?

@Queavtechniek 

There are not separate fuses for AC and DC although a fuse may show different current ratings for AC and DC. There are fast and slow fuses, though. You could have caused the resistor to burn by using a fuse with a higher current rating or a slower response than the original one. When a fuse blows it usually means that there is a fault in the equipment. If the fuse is replaced by one with a higher current rating or a delayed response, the fault can cause another component to fail.