Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Couple questions: X32 firmware and manual

I'm new to the X32 Compact and trying to understand a few things. First: it has the 3.09 firmware and I see there is now a 3.11 firmware.. but the release notes for the newer one state: "Please be aware that firmware 3.09 is required for our new X32-Edit 3.2 on PC / Mac / Linux computers, ". So does that mean if I want to use X32-Edit, I should remain on 3.09? That is the way it is written, so will assume it won't work on 3.11. But I want to check.

The main reason I was looking at firmware is because the wiki and the pdf manual do not match my version, so it is difficult to find answers to some things without bothering you folks. For example, under Routing, there is the Analog Out page, where mine says Out 1-16. No big deal. But under the Out 1-16 page  for Tap, there are several choices not covered in the manual. Examples: IN/LC, IN/LC +M, PreEQ +M,  etc.  What is IN/LC, what is M? (obvious beginner here).

thanks, JD

Tags (2)
Hunkydory Contributor - Level 1 2019-04-27

2019-04-27

Couple questions: X32 firmware and manual

I'm new to the X32 Compact and trying to understand a few things. First: it has the 3.09 firmware and I see there is now a 3.11 firmware.. but the release notes for the newer one state: "Please be aware that firmware 3.09 is required for our new X32-Edit 3.2 on PC / Mac / Linux computers, ". So does that mean if I want to use X32-Edit, I should remain on 3.09? That is the way it is written, so will assume it won't work on 3.11. But I want to check.

The main reason I was looking at firmware is because the wiki and the pdf manual do not match my version, so it is difficult to find answers to some things without bothering you folks. For example, under Routing, there is the Analog Out page, where mine says Out 1-16. No big deal. But under the Out 1-16 page  for Tap, there are several choices not covered in the manual. Examples: IN/LC, IN/LC +M, PreEQ +M,  etc.  What is IN/LC, what is M? (obvious beginner here).

thanks, JD

• 0 Kudos
  • 8 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Rock Star - Level 1

Re: Couple questions: X32 firmware and manual

@Hunkydory 3.11 was just released. It will work.

The PDF manual is old. A bunch of stuff was changed in various firmware updates.

This wiki is a good resource https://behringerwiki.musictribe.com/index.php?title=Main_Page. The Midas M32 manual is also a good resource.

IN/LC +M is the preamp and LowCut filter. M is for Mutes (affecting the tapped signal).

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Rock Star - Level 1

@Hunkydory 3.11 was just released. It will work.

The PDF manual is old. A bunch of stuff was changed in various firmware updates.

This wiki is a good resource https://behringerwiki.musictribe.com/index.php?title=Main_Page. The Midas M32 manual is also a good resource.

IN/LC +M is the preamp and LowCut filter. M is for Mutes (affecting the tapped signal).

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks much Dave.. that helps. 

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Have x32Edit software version 3.2.  Hardware unit is 32x Rack

The manual for the hardware does not translate well for me to the software. 

I expect the following will be an easy question to have answered for anyone even casually familiar with the current version of the software?:

Monitor mix question --

Channels 1 thru 6 will be for six vocalists.

Scribble sheets for each channel filled in and routing signal to FOH stacks are not an issue.

I am using a powered floor monitor and I just need to feed it the six vocal channels at equal volume. They will need to be pre-fader of course.

Need to know how to assign in the software these six channels to output to a mono monitor XLR output.

(If I can get baby steps I believe it will unlock the rest of the software for me; learning one basic secret handshake can work wonders)

Highlighted
Rock Star - Level 1

@RJWlaw 

Assuming your monitor is connected to XLR out 1 (and default routing):

Screen Shot 2019-04-28 at 9.19.31 PM.pngPush the "BUS 1" button. This puts you in "sends on fader" Mode. Now any fader you push up will send that signal to your monitor (and not change the Mains Level). Raise the fader for each of the 6 vocalists to the desired level. 

Push "Main LR" to return you back to normal mixing mode.

If you have any questions, just ask.

Good Luck.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Thank you much.  !

1.  When I am in that mode can I EQ each of the 6 chaneels to optimize clarity in the monitor without affecting the FOH EQ settings for each of those channels?

2.  Same question, but as to effects.

Highlighted
Rock Star - Level 1

@RJWlaw 

1.  When I am in that mode can I EQ each of the 6 chaneels to optimize clarity in the monitor without affecting the FOH EQ settings for each of those channels?

You can choose no EQ or FOH EQ by selecting the "tap point" for the monitor signal, OR

Duplicate those 6 vocal channels on 6 unused channels. Those 6 channels would not feed the FOH mix (because you would turn off the "LR" feed)—only the monitor. Then you would have independent EQ. 

2.  Same question, but as to effects.

Signal from the first 4 FX can be sent to the monitor bus.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

"Duplicate those 6 vocal channels on 6 unused channels."   Sorry for being dense.  On the main screen or the Bus 1 screen?

Before I received your last note I set up six channels on the main screen which goes to FOH.

When I switched to Bus i mode I duplicated those same channels 1 thru 6; is that what you mean?

While in that mode and screen which I assume is context-specific, do all settings I make re EQ and such apply only to what exits Bus 1?

Highlighted
Rock Star - Level 1

@RJWlaw wrote:

"Duplicate those 6 vocal channels on 6 unused channels."   Sorry for being dense.  On the main screen or the Bus 1 screen?

Main Screen. Pick an unused channel. Select the "config" tab and the choose the "source" you want to duplicate. Then select the "channel" tab and deselect the "LR" button and turn up the "Bus send" you want (#1?).

Before I received your last note I set up six channels on the main screen which goes to FOH.

When I switched to Bus i mode I duplicated those same channels 1 thru 6; is that what you mean?

The "Bus 1"  button really isn't a mode, but it's less confusing if we think that the faders in this "mode" only control the level sent to Bus 1. In reality, it's just a signal tap off the signal before it's sent to the LR bus. Depending on where the tap is on that channel, EQ, Dynamics, Mutes, and even the Fader can affect the signal.

Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 8.16.17 PM.pngThe Tap Points on this screen (Sends) are Input, PreEQ, PostEQ, PreFader, and PosrFader. That (raised) First fader sends sognal the bus;, the second, bus2; etc.

You can Save a scene, ZIP it, and Upload it here if you need more help.