Contributor - Level 1

EUROPOWER PMP 1280S

The manual says you can run an external effect processor out of FX1 or the FX2 send. Is it possible to run a processor with a insert cable and completely bypass the chain OR if I run a mono cable, which does that, how do I get the signal of the processor back to the mixer. When I run an insert cable the internal is chained with the external. What is the purpose of this.

freehudahey Contributor - Level 1 2019-10-04

2019-10-04

EUROPOWER PMP 1280S

The manual says you can run an external effect processor out of FX1 or the FX2 send. Is it possible to run a processor with a insert cable and completely bypass the chain OR if I run a mono cable, which does that, how do I get the signal of the processor back to the mixer. When I run an insert cable the internal is chained with the external. What is the purpose of this.

Valued Contributor - Level 1

Re: EUROPOWER PMP 1280S

Hi Geoff ( @freehudahey ),

Welcome to the community.  An Insert jack is a special kind of jack, that as you are aware, requires a special wired insert cable.  For an Insert the Tip is the Send and the Ring is the Return.  The 1280S doesn't have Insert jacks. 

According to Section 2.3.1 #32 and #33 of the user manual, the FX OUTs are balanced Mono so you would use a TRS Mono cable to Send to your external effects processor.   It also states that plugging a Mono cable into the FX jack interrupts the signal path to the corresponding internal FX processor.  The Aux In jacks are what you use to bring the signal back in from your external effects processor. Use only Left if the Return is Mono. 

The note about using a stereo plug in an FX Out with Tip and Ring connected is for running parallel effects processors, as in an external and the built-in in parallel.  Pretty advanced stuff that I wouldn't recommend unless you have a specific need to do that.  

Hope this helps, 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver