Contributor - Level 3

FW4.01 snippet issue with User In patching and X32-Edit

Just took the plunge, I had some dark time, and updated my X32 Racks to FW v4.01.  I previously had some Snippets that would allow me to flip-flop the side of the stage that the main rack and my S16 lived on.  To try the new toys I am looking at the possibility of using a Snippet to realign the User In slots and have had no success saving a Snippet  in X32-Edit that will change this data but locally (x32) saved Snippets do.

I also don't see any parts in the saved Snippets where the User In patch is detailed.  Two Spippets exactly the same except User In 1 is AES50 B1 is changed to AES50 B8 look the same in a text editor. The Snippets work when recalled (even through X32-Edit) and show the User In patch change properly.

Is this a "me" thing? or has someone else experienced Snippet woes when working with X32-Edit and v4.01

I guess I have two points:

Is X32-Edit 4.1 bugged with regards to the saving of Snippets, specifically with User In patching(FW4.01)?

Where can I access the specific OSC syntex to alter User In (and Out) patching? 

BenjaminFarmer Contributor - Level 3 2020-01-11

2020-01-11

FW4.01 snippet issue with User In patching and X32-Edit

Just took the plunge, I had some dark time, and updated my X32 Racks to FW v4.01.  I previously had some Snippets that would allow me to flip-flop the side of the stage that the main rack and my S16 lived on.  To try the new toys I am looking at the possibility of using a Snippet to realign the User In slots and have had no success saving a Snippet  in X32-Edit that will change this data but locally (x32) saved Snippets do.

I also don't see any parts in the saved Snippets where the User In patch is detailed.  Two Spippets exactly the same except User In 1 is AES50 B1 is changed to AES50 B8 look the same in a text editor. The Snippets work when recalled (even through X32-Edit) and show the User In patch change properly.

Is this a "me" thing? or has someone else experienced Snippet woes when working with X32-Edit and v4.01

I guess I have two points:

Is X32-Edit 4.1 bugged with regards to the saving of Snippets, specifically with User In patching(FW4.01)?

Where can I access the specific OSC syntex to alter User In (and Out) patching? 

• 0 Kudos
  • 4 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Volunteer Moderator

Re: FW4.01 snippet issue with User In patching and X32-Edit

Hi Benjamin @BenjaminFarmer 

Thanks for pointing that out. Actually the snippet does save and load correctly. The bug is in the bitmap index that defines which checkbox to check. If you save the snippet, then export it, on the first line (just after the snippet name) are 5 numbers (last one is always 1 indicating that there are OSC commands in this snippet). The first number is an integer representing the bitmap value of the checkboxes in the left side column (actually 2 columns combined) and that number generated (mine is 33554431) is incorrect. But the OSC command lines are correct and they do load back into the X32 correctly (I validated that). I will add that bug report to the beta ticket system.

I almost have Scene Parser completed and ready for release with the added new features of 4.01 (User In, User Out and DP48). Hopefully early next week I will be able to release it. 

Regarding your question about the OSC commands for User In and User Out, Patrick has already updated his document with all of the new commands. 

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!

View solution in original post

Volunteer Moderator

Hi Benjamin @BenjaminFarmer 

Thanks for pointing that out. Actually the snippet does save and load correctly. The bug is in the bitmap index that defines which checkbox to check. If you save the snippet, then export it, on the first line (just after the snippet name) are 5 numbers (last one is always 1 indicating that there are OSC commands in this snippet). The first number is an integer representing the bitmap value of the checkboxes in the left side column (actually 2 columns combined) and that number generated (mine is 33554431) is incorrect. But the OSC command lines are correct and they do load back into the X32 correctly (I validated that). I will add that bug report to the beta ticket system.

I almost have Scene Parser completed and ready for release with the added new features of 4.01 (User In, User Out and DP48). Hopefully early next week I will be able to release it. 

Regarding your question about the OSC commands for User In and User Out, Patrick has already updated his document with all of the new commands. 

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!

View solution in original post

Contributor - Level 3

Thanks for the reply Paul.

I see through the veil of my madness now.  X32-Edit is neither writing, nor reading that bit mapping value over the, I'm guesing, pre-4.0 value.

I was able to see the OSC command but have no clue why I did not earlier.

Contributor - Level 3

So I tried it again from Cues>Show Control>Console Snippit Tab with no success. I created the Snippit and used X32GetShow to pul it out. What I see when I look at it is not what I put there and when Loaded from that tab I see no change to the User In.

When tried from Cues>Show Control>Local Snippit Tab I can export it and view what I "Expect" to see (barring the bit mapping issue)

#4.0# "Card In" 33554433 0 0 0 1                                                                                                  
/config/userrout/in 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160

If I attempt to push this back to the X32 like this with X32SetShow It errors out, my assumtion is due to the #4.0# at the begining. Altering this to #2.7# allows X32SetShow to push it but when exported from the console and viewed it has all of the OSC data from the selected bitmap checkboxes and not the above /userrout/ command line.

To conclude; I see operation from within X32-Edit on the local Snippit tab, but no expected operation as it pertains to the User In routing on either the E32-Edit console Snippit tab or the console itself.

Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Thanks @BenjaminFarmer I've added this to the bug report.