Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

No input Signal X32

Howdy, 

I have owned an x32 compact fro a few months and last week my first live use. I've hooked it up again at home and I have no input signals from the local inputs back of the board. However when I hook my s16 or laptop (and adjust the routing accordingly). I'm getting signals as wanted. 

THIS IS NOT A ROUTING PROBLEM........

I bought the unit from thomann with a flight case. I have tried a factory reset and using a blank scene, Firmware is up to date.

If anybody could shed some light on a potential issue i would hugley appreciate it. Im at a loss......

Tags (3)
Russholland Contributor - Level 1 2019-06-02

2019-06-02

No input Signal X32

Howdy, 

I have owned an x32 compact fro a few months and last week my first live use. I've hooked it up again at home and I have no input signals from the local inputs back of the board. However when I hook my s16 or laptop (and adjust the routing accordingly). I'm getting signals as wanted. 

THIS IS NOT A ROUTING PROBLEM........

I bought the unit from thomann with a flight case. I have tried a factory reset and using a blank scene, Firmware is up to date.

If anybody could shed some light on a potential issue i would hugley appreciate it. Im at a loss......

• 0 Kudos
  • 4 Replies
Volunteer Moderator

Re: No input Signal X32

Hi Russ @Russholland,

Welcome to the forum. When you switched the Routing, home input banks to Local, did you setup the gains appropriately?

What forum version are you using? If it is the latest, did you assign the playback Inputs to Local and set it to Playback?

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 1

Hi, thanks for reply. 

I have checked routing for both. Both no change.

I have tried every input and used different cables and mic’s, DI’s and my helix. 

I have factory reset again and still nothing. 

I really hope it’s a settings issue and not hardware related. I have done some more research on this and other forums and heard reports of loose ribbon cables. I hope it’s not that I don’t want to have to return it or worse open up the mixer..

Contributor - Level 2

I have just posted.  I have the exact same problem with my perfectly working X32 rack.  I did not update firmware or anything before this happened.  Again, I have checked all the routing and everything seems to be OK.  Gains are OK.  

Contributor - Level 2

Are you in HA-Split mode?

If so try using the setup -> Preamp page to set the preamp gains... you can also turn off the gain split function from there...

If Pre-amp gain-split is turned on you are using digital trim rather than gain when you are upping the gain from the channel which looks similar but won't give you true gain and probably doesn't give you enough signal if its non existant to begin with.