Contributor - Level 1

Output multitrack USB to XR18

I just picked up an XR18, my first digital mixer, and I want to practice with it, learn my way around the PC and the iPad interface, explore the effects, etc. I'll be mixing on an XR32 next month in a live setting, and I want to have plenty of experience with the user interface before then.

I downloaded a couple of multitrack recordings, and imported one into Presonus Studio One 4 Prime (the free version). I've connected my PC to my XR18 with a USB cable, and I can get Studio One to play the full mix over any 2 channels, but I can't seem to figure out how to get each track to a different channel so I can mix on the XR18.

I'm in NO way tied to Studio One, I just grabbed it because it was free and a friend recommended it. I just want to practice mixing on my XR18 and get very familiar with the interface.

So, any suggestions?

mbergen Contributor - Level 1 2019-07-05

2019-07-05

Output multitrack USB to XR18

I just picked up an XR18, my first digital mixer, and I want to practice with it, learn my way around the PC and the iPad interface, explore the effects, etc. I'll be mixing on an XR32 next month in a live setting, and I want to have plenty of experience with the user interface before then.

I downloaded a couple of multitrack recordings, and imported one into Presonus Studio One 4 Prime (the free version). I've connected my PC to my XR18 with a USB cable, and I can get Studio One to play the full mix over any 2 channels, but I can't seem to figure out how to get each track to a different channel so I can mix on the XR18.

I'm in NO way tied to Studio One, I just grabbed it because it was free and a friend recommended it. I just want to practice mixing on my XR18 and get very familiar with the interface.

So, any suggestions?

• 0 Kudos
  • 5 Replies
Super Contributor - Level 2

Re: Output multitrack USB to XR18

@mbergen 

Hi Michael, welcome to the forums.

Have you installed the XR18 ASIO USB driver on your PC? If not, you will not be able to access all eighteen channels on the USB link. Also check with XAir Edit on Setup -> Audio/Midi that USB Interface 18/18 ch is selected.

Contributor - Level 1

Thank you RexBeckett!

Yep, I have the ASIO driver installed and the USB 18/18 set properly.

I tried Reaper, and was able to map each track to an output. I can now mute each channel, but can't solo any of them. Curiouser and curiouser.

Getting closer!

Highlighted

@mbergen wrote:

Thank you RexBeckett!

Yep, I have the ASIO driver installed and the USB 18/18 set properly.

I tried Reaper, and was able to map each track to an output. I can now mute each channel, but can't solo any of them. Curiouser and curiouser.

Getting closer!

@mbergen 

When you solo one or more channels on an XR18 they are fed to the Monitor bus. You can normally hear this on the Phones output. It is possible to reassign the Main XLR outputs to the Monitor bus on the In/Out -> Main Out tab.

Contributor - Level 3

2 steps quickly;

1. On the XR18, go to the routing page and check the input boxes against the corresponding output, that is, mark the check boxes

2. On the Presonus, locate the Audio Driver menu and select ASIO (under the ASIO, select XR18) but make sure you’ve installed the Behringer USB ASIO driver first