Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Product Registration Imperfections

Hi Behringer / Music Tribe,

I do have some questions on the current product registration process. Creating the support tickets and attaching the proof of purchase seems to be working OK. However, some improvements would be welcome.

A first improvement would be that the product is automatically recognized, based on the entered serial number. This does not seem to work quite well.

A second improvement is that the system should send out some email confirmation about the created ticket; possibly with some following emails whenever the ticket status changes. In fact, this would not only be handy for product registration tickets, but for all types of support tickets.

Finally, the ticket should mention the entered serial number somewhere (preferably searchable). When I now consult my registration tickets, I only see which type of devices I have registered, but I don't find their serial numbers anymore. Especially, when you have several instances of the same device (e.g. I have 2x S16 / 2x ADA8200 / ...), it is difficult to link the ticket to the actual device. I do hope that during the registration process, you do have the serial numbers actually registered somewhere. How else are you able to determine if support requests are legit (i.e. within the 3 years) ?

Musically Yours,

Erik 'De LoRRe' Laurent

Belgium.

Erik 'De LoRRe' Laurent (Belgium)
ErikLaurent Contributor - Level 2 2020-03-20

2020-03-20

Product Registration Imperfections

Hi Behringer / Music Tribe,

I do have some questions on the current product registration process. Creating the support tickets and attaching the proof of purchase seems to be working OK. However, some improvements would be welcome.

A first improvement would be that the product is automatically recognized, based on the entered serial number. This does not seem to work quite well.

A second improvement is that the system should send out some email confirmation about the created ticket; possibly with some following emails whenever the ticket status changes. In fact, this would not only be handy for product registration tickets, but for all types of support tickets.

Finally, the ticket should mention the entered serial number somewhere (preferably searchable). When I now consult my registration tickets, I only see which type of devices I have registered, but I don't find their serial numbers anymore. Especially, when you have several instances of the same device (e.g. I have 2x S16 / 2x ADA8200 / ...), it is difficult to link the ticket to the actual device. I do hope that during the registration process, you do have the serial numbers actually registered somewhere. How else are you able to determine if support requests are legit (i.e. within the 3 years) ?

Musically Yours,

Erik 'De LoRRe' Laurent

Belgium.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Product Registration Imperfections

Hi again,

I must immediately correct some details on my above remarks.

Apparently, I now did receive a confirmation email after all. That's new, because I didn't have that with previous recent product registrations. That's already a plus.

However, even with this confirmation email, a major issue remains: it does not mention the serial number.

So: still quite some room for improvement.

Musically Yours,

Erik 'De LoRRe' Laurent

Erik 'De LoRRe' Laurent (Belgium)