Contributor - Level 2

Scenes

Is this correct- open a new folder name it scene and  load my last setup as a scene by clicking on the floppy Disc?  I guess I'm asking how do you load to a new folder?

DennyThornhill Contributor - Level 2 2019-08-27

2019-08-27

Scenes

Is this correct- open a new folder name it scene and  load my last setup as a scene by clicking on the floppy Disc?  I guess I'm asking how do you load to a new folder?

• 0 Kudos
  • 11 Replies
Super Contributor - Level 2

Re: Scenes

@DennyThornhill 

Hi Denny, which app are you asking about? When you say "load to a folder", do you want to save a scene to a specific folder?

Contributor - Level 2

Yes Rex- I saved everything to a snapshot on the XR18, now I'm trying to load them as a scene to my Laptop- So, started out creating a new folder and named it scene thats it, where do I go from here!? 

Volunteer Moderator

@DennyThornhill wrote:

I saved everything to a snapshot on the XR18, now I'm trying to load them as a scene to my Laptop- So, started out creating a new folder and named it scene thats it, where do I go from here!? 

A little terminology misunderstanding Denny. If you want to transfer a snapshot in the XR18 to your laptop, you need to Save, not Load. In X-Air Edit, load the snapshot into the XR18, then click on the Save, Save as Scene.

If you want to transfer a saved scene (on your laptop) to the XR18, select Load, Load Scene

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks Paul, Sorry for the confusion. I do have a snapshot loaded onto the XR18, now I'm trying to save it to a scene, I clicked on the floppy disc then save seen, after that I'm stuck?

Volunteer Moderator

@DennyThornhill wrote:

Thanks Paul, Sorry for the confusion. I do have a snapshot loaded onto the XR18, now I'm trying to save it to a scene, I clicked on the floppy disc then save seen, after that I'm stuck?

You will get a dialog box where you can find the location you want to save the scene and a edit box (Filename). There you will want to name the scene file, then click on the Save button

Contributor - Level 2

I'm on the page where I see the the box that says file name and below scn a bunch of folders at the top and a left collum with Desktop and so on,. now what?

Contributor - Level 2

You can see why I have only save snapshots.

Volunteer Moderator

@DennyThornhill wrote:

I'm on the page where I see the the box that says file name and below scn a bunch of folders at the top and a left collum with Desktop and so on,. now what?

Beside the Filename type "MyFirstScene" (without the quotes) then click on the Save button.

Contributor - Level 2

Thanks Paul it works only problem is, when I load that scene, i can see everything change except the name of the previous snapshot that was loaded stays  there.