Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Snippets

Hi anyone, I'm trying to find a way of switching effects on/off on a vocal channel via MIDI switch, someone suggested using snippets but I don't think snippets can be assigned to midi... I use an X32-Mix rack and would love to use the effects for vocals. If you know how please could you email me as I will never find this post again (I hate the layout of this over complicated forum). Thanks

andy.power@me.com

Mesa boogie MK1 & MKV combos, MKV head & 2x12 cab. Gibson 335 (vintage) fender strats (60, 85) GS, Xotic pedals. Gibson 175, Howard Roberts fusion, Les Paul.
andyp13 Contributor - Level 2 2020-02-13

2020-02-13

Snippets

Hi anyone, I'm trying to find a way of switching effects on/off on a vocal channel via MIDI switch, someone suggested using snippets but I don't think snippets can be assigned to midi... I use an X32-Mix rack and would love to use the effects for vocals. If you know how please could you email me as I will never find this post again (I hate the layout of this over complicated forum). Thanks

andy.power@me.com

• 0 Kudos
  • 4 Replies
Highlighted
Rising Star - Level 3

Re: Snippets

@andyp13 

Yes they can be triggered by MIDI. Send a Program change to channel 2 to recall the snippet. Set one snippet to turn on the Effect and one to turn it off. 

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

This is great news... what is the CC's or PC's for this... 

I have an RJM MIDI footswitch which controls my AXE FX and also my Digitech vocal harmoniser rack - I currently use the reverb and delay on it but it sounds shocking... so I'm intending to sent that switch to the X32 I will set to chan 2 but then what? 

Mesa boogie MK1 & MKV combos, MKV head & 2x12 cab. Gibson 335 (vintage) fender strats (60, 85) GS, Xotic pedals. Gibson 175, Howard Roberts fusion, Les Paul.
Highlighted
Rising Star - Level 3

@andyp13 

If you sent Program Change (PC) 0 on channel 2, snippet 0 will load. 

Under Setup: MIDI Control tab you'll have check MIDI In/Out (if you're using the 5 pin DIN connector) and check receive Program Changes. I think you have to allow Scene/Preset Load under Setup: Mixer tab : Confirm Pop-ups (you do for sure for loading scenes).

You also have to create your Snippets.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Thank you so much, I will try this tomorrow 😎