Contributor - Level 2

Subs on mono

How can I get the subs on the m/c channel work on firmware 4.0 work like the old version of the firmware?

Tags (2)
neverneb Contributor - Level 2 2019-11-30

2019-11-30

Subs on mono

How can I get the subs on the m/c channel work on firmware 4.0 work like the old version of the firmware?

• 0 Kudos
  • 6 Replies
Super Contributor - Level 2

Re: Subs on mono

@neverneb 

Hello Robert, welcome to the community.

In what way is the Mono/Sub bus on firmware V4.0 not working the way that you want?

Valued Contributor - Level 2

@neverneb Is it possible the "M/C depends on Main L/R" checkbox was reset to the default? (not enabled). Worth a look if you have not already.   

Contributor - Level 2

I set it up the same way as the Drew Brashler version on utube. Route M/C to an output bus and set it as the M/C. Select M/C press Sends on Fader and send channel to M/C. I have owned 2 X32's and use one at church and all are set up that way. Now the subs will not stop with the master fader, they are constantly on unless I turn down the channel fader. The M/C fader does nothing at all, so I do not have a master sub fader and have to go to individual channels to lower subs, through the sends page. Sometimes the mains are off and the channels still come through FOH. Crazy! I am trying to find the old version firmware and re install it. I have sold 9 X32's to local churches and I am terrified they update the firmware and start calling me with questions! I have already sent an email to them asking them not to update the firmware. Just ordered 2 Presonus Studio Live III's for 2 churches that I am setting up. I recommend support sometimes more than the console and Behringer makes you jump through to many hoops. Presonus I can still speak with someone, also Soundcraft. I'm sorry kinda long winded but I want you to know where I am at, not pushing Behringer anymore, just really curious of what I did wrong so when I get the calls. So if you don't want to answer totally ok. Thanks

Super Contributor - Level 2

@neverneb wrote:

I set it up the same way as the Drew Brashler version on utube. Route M/C to an output bus and set it as the M/C. Select M/C press Sends on Fader and send channel to M/C. I have owned 2 X32's and use one at church and all are set up that way. Now the subs will not stop with the master fader, they are constantly on unless I turn down the channel fader. The M/C fader does nothing at all, so I do not have a master sub fader and have to go to individual channels to lower subs, through the sends page. Sometimes the mains are off and the channels still come through FOH. Crazy! I am trying to find the old version firmware and re install it. I have sold 9 X32's to local churches and I am terrified they update the firmware and start calling me with questions! I have already sent an email to them asking them not to update the firmware. Just ordered 2 Presonus Studio Live III's for 2 churches that I am setting up. I recommend support sometimes more than the console and Behringer makes you jump through to many hoops. Presonus I can still speak with someone, also Soundcraft. I'm sorry kinda long winded but I want you to know where I am at, not pushing Behringer anymore, just really curious of what I did wrong so when I get the calls. So if you don't want to answer totally ok. Thanks

@neverneb 

Check on the Routing -> Patch -> Out screen that the Sub output is set as a Post Fader signal tap. If it is set as one of the pre-fader taps it would explain why the M/C fader has no effect.

If you save your scene and attach the file to your post (see Choose File button below), we can check that for you.

Valued Contributor - Level 2

Also did you ever check to see if M/C Depends on Main L/R was enabled? Entirely possible it was reset to off with loading the new firmware. It's seems like it has to be that and/or what @RexBeckett just mentioned with regard to post fader. 

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

I did a factory reset so everything was back at default and then set up the console using Edit and saved to a usb. Loaded it to see what might be different on the routing page and it was exactly the same way as when I routed it through the routing page it just worked this time! Thank you for your time and allowing me to vent. I am just happy it works properly! When my buyer comes on Tuesday he can test the console and I am confident there will be no issues. It was nice being back with the X32 for at least one show but look forward to mixing with the Presonus in a couple of weeks. Thanks again for you help.