U Phoria 1820 set up with Logic Pro 10.5 on Macbook Pro laptop running Catalina
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks for having me in The Tribe!! Hope you all will bear with me as I'm an amatuer recording person.

I have a mid 2014 MBP running Catalina. I just got my 1820 and purchased Logic Pro X 10.5. I'm a drummer and would like to use this set up to record drum tracks while listening to bass tracks my friend sent me and then send these tracks on to others to lay down guitar, sax, vocals and other track.

Where I'm stuck is, when I start a new project, I say I want 4 tracks open in logic. Then I asign them to the 4 mics I have on my kit, or at least I think I have. The 1820 shows signal from the mics but Logic isn't showing any levels when I test the mics. I must be doing something wrong in Logic, I think. 

Any help is much appreciated!

Drmman2020 Contributor - Level 1 2020-05-21

2020-05-21

Thanks for having me in The Tribe!! Hope you all will bear with me as I'm an amatuer recording person.

I have a mid 2014 MBP running Catalina. I just got my 1820 and purchased Logic Pro X 10.5. I'm a drummer and would like to use this set up to record drum tracks while listening to bass tracks my friend sent me and then send these tracks on to others to lay down guitar, sax, vocals and other track.

Where I'm stuck is, when I start a new project, I say I want 4 tracks open in logic. Then I asign them to the 4 mics I have on my kit, or at least I think I have. The 1820 shows signal from the mics but Logic isn't showing any levels when I test the mics. I must be doing something wrong in Logic, I think. 

Any help is much appreciated!

Highlighted
Superhero - Level 3

Re: U Phoria 1820 set up with Logic Pro 10.5 on Macbook Pro laptop running Catalina

@Drmman2020 

Hello Jeff, welcome to the community.

This could be caused by Catalina's Mic Privacy settings. See macOS Mic Privacy for how to set these.