Contributor - Level 1

Using a PC over Wifi for my X AIR XR18

I just purchased a X AIR XR18 Digital Rackmount Mixer and it is on it's way and have not recieved it yet but I want to confirm that I can run the SW on my PC (Microsoft Surface to be exact) over WiFi just I could do with a Ipad?  My question is to confrim i do not need to go out a purchase a iPad

ghynes64 Contributor - Level 1 2019-11-08

2019-11-08

Using a PC over Wifi for my X AIR XR18

I just purchased a X AIR XR18 Digital Rackmount Mixer and it is on it's way and have not recieved it yet but I want to confirm that I can run the SW on my PC (Microsoft Surface to be exact) over WiFi just I could do with a Ipad?  My question is to confrim i do not need to go out a purchase a iPad

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Rising Star - Level 2

Re: Using a PC over Wifi for my X AIR XR18

@ghynes64 

I have run M32-edit and controlled my X32 via WiFi. Sometimes I don't have a cable with me and sometimes I'm just to lazy. It should work for you as well.

Contributor - Level 1

Thanks !!!
Valued Contributor - Level 2

@ghynes64 

As many others have already said "Don't rely on the built-in 2.4Ghz WiFi in the XAir series for a gig.".   It works fine at home where there is little interference but there's way too many networks and phone hotspots in public venues.  It isn't a fault with the mixer. It's just the crowded 2.4Ghz spectrum. Get yourself a decent 5Ghz external router and connect that to the mixer using an Ethernet cable. connect your Surface to that router. 

Let us know if you need a hand with the setup. 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver