Contributor - Level 2

VL3X and Harbinger MLS900

I have a gig coming up and would like to insure that I get max volume from my VL3X to the MLS900. I'll be using ONE XLR from the VL3X for vocal and guitar, and going into ONE input on the MLS900. The MLS900 has 3 inputs, each with its own volume control. I already know that treble and bass should be flat. 

How would I insure that I'm getting the max volume out of my Extreme??

Thanks

Videoscenes Contributor - Level 2 2019-08-08

2019-08-08

VL3X and Harbinger MLS900

I have a gig coming up and would like to insure that I get max volume from my VL3X to the MLS900. I'll be using ONE XLR from the VL3X for vocal and guitar, and going into ONE input on the MLS900. The MLS900 has 3 inputs, each with its own volume control. I already know that treble and bass should be flat. 

How would I insure that I'm getting the max volume out of my Extreme??

Thanks

• 0 Kudos
  • 4 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Triber Moderator

Re: VL3X and Harbinger MLS900

Hey @Videoscenes,
This should be a cool setup, I've heard good things about the MLS900's.  For the single-XLR connection, ensure that in the VoiceLive's "Setup" menu, on the "Output" tab, that the "XLR Output Mode" is set to "Mono", then you can just use the left XLR output to send summed wet vocals and guitar to your speaker.

To be sure the VoiceLive is outputting maximum level, on that same "Output" tab in the "Setup" menu, set the "XLR Output" level to "Line Level", and set the switch on the Harbinger's input to "Line" as well.  Also go into the VoiceLive's Mix menu (by tweaking one of the four small knobs below the screen while you're on the Home screen) and check that on the "Main Mix" tab your "XLR Out" level is all the way up to "0dB".

That's about all there is to it.  Hope the gig goes well!

Testing engineer at TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.

View solution in original post

Triber Moderator

Hey @Videoscenes,
This should be a cool setup, I've heard good things about the MLS900's.  For the single-XLR connection, ensure that in the VoiceLive's "Setup" menu, on the "Output" tab, that the "XLR Output Mode" is set to "Mono", then you can just use the left XLR output to send summed wet vocals and guitar to your speaker.

To be sure the VoiceLive is outputting maximum level, on that same "Output" tab in the "Setup" menu, set the "XLR Output" level to "Line Level", and set the switch on the Harbinger's input to "Line" as well.  Also go into the VoiceLive's Mix menu (by tweaking one of the four small knobs below the screen while you're on the Home screen) and check that on the "Main Mix" tab your "XLR Out" level is all the way up to "0dB".

That's about all there is to it.  Hope the gig goes well!

Testing engineer at TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.

View solution in original post

Contributor - Level 2

Thanks for your reply! Looks like your message went into my spam folder! Finally found it! I set everything per your instructions, and so far so good. Gig is wednesday, so I will have it ready! 

I have another nagging question for you. I just updated the VL3X to latest available. I noticed that in the notes section if refers to the looper, and that it has some sort of "magic" setting now. I think it was that when you start playing, the looper automatically engages. I haven't been able to figure out how to get that going. I watched videos, but they sort of seem to skim over the setup part. I'd like to start using the looper....but I'm really not very well versed on it, other than it records music and can play back on command. Maybe you can point me towards a video on youtube??? that might help?. Thanks friend, and God Bless!

Highlighted
Triber Moderator

Hey @Videoscenes,
Very happy to help and I hope the gig went well!

I have a post here that outlines the features of the latest VL3 build 366 update.  The new AudioCue feature in the looper will automatically start recording your loop once your playing is over a certain volume threshold.  So you can arm the loop first, then ready yourself, and start playing and it'll begin recording when you start playing.  Check out that post for the details, it's a pretty cool little tool!  Cheers.

Contributor - Level 2

Hey there;

Thanks so much for your input! Yes, the gig went well. My singing could have been better...LOL...but overall, it was OK. I will try the looper this week. Thanks and God Bless!