Contributor - Level 2

X Air 18 connecting External EQ and Compressor

Hi Everyone!

I just unboxed my X Air 18 and I have a Pro-XL MDX 2600 and an EQ I want to push a couple channels through and I was hoping someone could tell me the best way to add these external components w/o a send/return?  Thanks in Advance!

Best,

Beau 

beaujbroussard Contributor - Level 2 2020-01-09

2020-01-09

X Air 18 connecting External EQ and Compressor

Hi Everyone!

I just unboxed my X Air 18 and I have a Pro-XL MDX 2600 and an EQ I want to push a couple channels through and I was hoping someone could tell me the best way to add these external components w/o a send/return?  Thanks in Advance!

Best,

Beau 

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Volunteer Moderator

Re: X Air 18 connecting External EQ and Compressor

Hi Beau @beaujbroussard 

Can I ask why you would want to do that, since each channel in the XR18 has a compressor and EQ built in which are far superior in quality and functionality (IMO) to the older MDX2600 and external Behringer EQ?

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 2

Hi Paul!

Thanks for responding so quickly.  Let's call it old habits until I can break them.  I've got a lot to teach myself about all the functionality of the unit and for the time being I'm familiar this compressor and EQ.  Also in part for my own knowledge.

Thanks,

Beau

Volunteer Moderator

@beaujbroussard wrote:

Let's call it old habits until I can break them.  I've got a lot to teach myself about all the functionality of the unit and for the time being I'm familiar this compressor and EQ.  Also in part for my own knowledge.

Well I would suggest you consider breaking that habit sooner than later. The routing to add external processors on the X-Air is not as straightforward as on the X32 and will eat up an Aux out and channel in for each side of the compressor and EQ.

* Do you want the compressor and EQ independant or daisy chained?

* Are you planning on using them to process individual channels or mixbuses?

* Do you have an X18 or XR18?

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!