Contributor - Level 1

X18 with iPad

Help please, where can I get an update for X18?

My X18 on iPad crashes with iPad Pro running IOS 13.2

X18 is good on older installs, I have 2 older (slow) iPads with iOS 9.3.5 controlling X18 all functions.

RobertHabicher Contributor - Level 1 2019-11-06

2019-11-06

X18 with iPad

Help please, where can I get an update for X18?

My X18 on iPad crashes with iPad Pro running IOS 13.2

X18 is good on older installs, I have 2 older (slow) iPads with iOS 9.3.5 controlling X18 all functions.

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Rising Star - Level 3

Re: X18 with iPad

Hi Robert ( @RobertHabicher ), 

Welcome to the community.  It's been reported a few times that the XAir App does not work with IOS 13.  Behringer is aware of it but I haven't seen an ETA on a fix release. 

In the meantime, you may want to take a look at Mixing Station for Android and now IOS. 

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/mixing-station/id1438352631#?platform=ipad

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Re: X18 with iPad

Same issue here. I have two ipads, and unfortunately since Apple stopped signing the iOS versions where the X-AIR app works (so I can't downgrade the iPads), we're hosed until Behringer updates. 

Good news is that basic mix function of the app doesn't crash. Of course, we found this out at a gig yesterday as we were soundchecking. Frantic solutions ended up being to download X AIR app to my iphone and another band member downloaded a 3rd party app to his Android phone. Where we could at least get gains adjusted and EQ done. Though seriously stressful when we're supposed to go on in 20 minutes.

Trying to get Mixing Station going, but at this point can't even get it to connect to the XR18. I have the XAIR going through an Apple Base Station. Edit: Got it connected. Just had to determine the IP address.