Highlighted

X32 Rack + Dante + AVIO adapters - Routing

Contributor - Level 1

Howdy Folks,

I am a webcaster not an audio engineer, so I appreciate any help.

Here is a link to a google drive folder containing an audio diagram and the scene off my X32

Rugby Setup

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1nOVr6sPkqLus7lnIYTjiKobRnKrvqzEI?usp=sharing

I want to be able to bring in my commentator mic (AVIO in CH-1) into the X32, (this is already working) I need to apply the gate, eq, dyn and FX Compressor/Limiter... before it gets send back out the Dante Channel to VMix running DVS.

Also, the only way I have figured out how to get a MixBus on a Dante channel is a physical loop from Aux out 1 into CH16 (for example)

Is it possible to assign a MixBus to a Dante channel (virtually) without the need for a physical loop?

Thanks again,

Mike

2 REPLIES 2

Re: X32 Rack + Dante + AVIO adapters - Routing

Valued Contributor - Level 2

@eventwebcasting wrote:

Also, the only way I have figured out how to get a MixBus on a Dante channel is a physical loop from Aux out 1 into CH16 (for example)

Is it possible to assign a MixBus to a Dante channel (virtually) without the need for a physical loop?

Yes. In channel 16's source to Bus 01. 

Do you need the PxP mic to go to a Bus? 

Re: X32 Rack + Dante + AVIO adapters - Routing

Volunteer Moderator

Your best approach would be to use a ’virtual patchbay’ that you can find in the OUT and P16 routing. Then you assign your Card output to be either P16 or OUT depending on your routing.

@eventwebcasting wrote:

Howdy Folks,

I am a webcaster not an audio engineer, so I appreciate any help.

Here is a link to a google drive folder containing an audio diagram and the scene off my X32

Rugby Setup

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1nOVr6sPkqLus7lnIYTjiKobRnKrvqzEI?usp=sharing

I want to be able to bring in my commentator mic (AVIO in CH-1) into the X32, (this is already working) I need to apply the gate, eq, dyn and FX Compressor/Limiter... before it gets send back out the Dante Channel to VMix running DVS.

Thanks again,

Mike

Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!