Contributor - Level 1

X32 V2 mixing console integration with Eventide H9000

What is the easiest way to interface the X32 mixing console with a rack mounted Eventide H9000 effects processor?  I want to handle all audio paths digitally if possible.   Both the H9000 and the X32 make their input/output channels available to a PC based DAW  through their standard USB audio interfaces, but when a DAW is not available or not practical in live situations, I would like to access all  of the H9000's multiple effect channels on my X32 mixing console and be able to route various X32 channels to H9000 effects as needed, through its internal routing.  This wayexternal  effects configurations can be saved and recalled later on the X32.

Tags (2)
NSV11UP Contributor - Level 1 2019-06-08

2019-06-08

X32 V2 mixing console integration with Eventide H9000

What is the easiest way to interface the X32 mixing console with a rack mounted Eventide H9000 effects processor?  I want to handle all audio paths digitally if possible.   Both the H9000 and the X32 make their input/output channels available to a PC based DAW  through their standard USB audio interfaces, but when a DAW is not available or not practical in live situations, I would like to access all  of the H9000's multiple effect channels on my X32 mixing console and be able to route various X32 channels to H9000 effects as needed, through its internal routing.  This wayexternal  effects configurations can be saved and recalled later on the X32.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Re: X32 V2 mixing console integration with Eventide H9000

Unfortunately both devices are USB clients and rely on the PC being the USB server. So I don't think that there is any easy way to connect them together via USB to route effects send and returns.

The only way to keep signals in the digital realm would be to add ADAT, Dante or Madi interfaces to the two devices at considerable expense. Or possibly using one of the Klark Teknik convertors that can use the X32's AES50 sends and returns.