Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

X32 V4.02 user input block Possible Bug

Hey all,

My setup is as follows, X32 COMPACT at FOH w/ 8 wireless mics plugged in & 2x S16 backstage for stage inputs and sending signal to the amps.

All has been well so far, even when using the latest firmware however, a few days ago my venue decided to add another singer, so we add an extra mic at FOH and i swap over from AESA17-24 to USER17-24, make 17 to 23 my inputs from one of the S16 backstage which hasnt changed and add in an extra mic on 24 which is now LOCAL 9.

Next rehersal the band show up and the guitarist's pedal is distorting on even the clean sounds, wierd as i havent changed anything, so i do the normal procdures of checking gain structure from his guitar all the way to the desk and find all is normal. Listening from his pedal board the signal is good. He's the only band input i have coming from AESA 17-24 into the Userblock 17-24 so im thinking thats the suspect so i swap back the old input without the userblock and its fine, so i Factory reset and switch back to V4.01 load up the same scene, and now it sounds fine using the userblock or going direct from the S16.

TLdr; on V4.02 using a userblock with input from AES50 i got a distorted signal, on V4.01 its fine,

Alyman Contributor - Level 1 2020-02-12

2020-02-12

X32 V4.02 user input block Possible Bug

Hey all,

My setup is as follows, X32 COMPACT at FOH w/ 8 wireless mics plugged in & 2x S16 backstage for stage inputs and sending signal to the amps.

All has been well so far, even when using the latest firmware however, a few days ago my venue decided to add another singer, so we add an extra mic at FOH and i swap over from AESA17-24 to USER17-24, make 17 to 23 my inputs from one of the S16 backstage which hasnt changed and add in an extra mic on 24 which is now LOCAL 9.

Next rehersal the band show up and the guitarist's pedal is distorting on even the clean sounds, wierd as i havent changed anything, so i do the normal procdures of checking gain structure from his guitar all the way to the desk and find all is normal. Listening from his pedal board the signal is good. He's the only band input i have coming from AESA 17-24 into the Userblock 17-24 so im thinking thats the suspect so i swap back the old input without the userblock and its fine, so i Factory reset and switch back to V4.01 load up the same scene, and now it sounds fine using the userblock or going direct from the S16.

TLdr; on V4.02 using a userblock with input from AES50 i got a distorted signal, on V4.01 its fine,

• 0 Kudos
  • 0 Replies