Davidkiim Contributor - Level 2 2019-09-09

2019-09-09

X32’s remote ethernet jack not working

Hello!

I recently tried to connect my X32 to the wireless router and realized that the router is not “seeing” the mixer. By not “seeing” the mixer, I mean that when I look in the router page (by logging into the router website) it shows all other connected devices except the X32. I tried everything I found in forums with no luck at all. I also noticed that one of the yellow/orange(?) lights that indicates ethernet cable connection is on even when I don’t have a cable connected to it. The only thing I can think of is that the ethernet jack no longer works. Has anyone seen this problem before? If so, how can I fix this? If it’s broken, is it even fixable (by non professionals)? Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance!

• 0 Kudos
  • 13 Replies
Contributor - Level 2

Re: X32’s remote ethernet jack not working

Got it. I’ll be able to check that on the weekend. Thank you so much for your help!! Let’s hope it’s a simple fix

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

@Paul_Vannatto Unfortunatelly, disconnecting the stage box and the rack didn’t change anything. Looks like the Ethernet port is damaged or malfunctioning for some reason. Are there verified places that I can to take the mixer to be repaired? I know where to take my instruments, but never had to repair a mixer before..

Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

@Davidkiim wrote:

Are there verified places that I can to take the mixer to be repaired? 

That may depend on where in the world you are located (your profile doesn't have that info). Also is this mixer still under warranty or not? Once I know this info, I may be able to ask someone for the info you need.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

I would start by making sure the networking stuff is working first.

1. Unplug the ethernet cable from the console and plug it into a laptop.

See if you pull an IP address from your router.  If not, change the ethernet cable.

2. Open a command prompt by typing cmd in the search bar and select it.  A black box will open on your laptop's desktop. Type "ipconfig" and hit enter.  Pay attention to the IP address and gateway it shows.  Probably 192.168.1.10 or something like that. In the case of the IP range being the previous, your gateway should say 192.168.1.1 although it could be 192.168.1.254.

Type ping 192.168.1.1 or whatever the gateway address is.

You should see replies coming back from the router.

If all of that is working, you can try to assign a static IP address to the console by going to setup\network and entering the IP address into the fields. If the gateway is 192.168.X.1 then make the console 192.168.X.5.

Plug the ethernet cable back into the console and try to connect to that given IP address from your iPad or Laptop using X32 edit.  Let's see what happens.

Brad Jones