Contributor - Level 2

X32’s remote ethernet jack not working

Hello!

I recently tried to connect my X32 to the wireless router and realized that the router is not “seeing” the mixer. By not “seeing” the mixer, I mean that when I look in the router page (by logging into the router website) it shows all other connected devices except the X32. I tried everything I found in forums with no luck at all. I also noticed that one of the yellow/orange(?) lights that indicates ethernet cable connection is on even when I don’t have a cable connected to it. The only thing I can think of is that the ethernet jack no longer works. Has anyone seen this problem before? If so, how can I fix this? If it’s broken, is it even fixable (by non professionals)? Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance!

Davidkiim Contributor - Level 2 2019-09-09

2019-09-09

X32’s remote ethernet jack not working

Hello!

I recently tried to connect my X32 to the wireless router and realized that the router is not “seeing” the mixer. By not “seeing” the mixer, I mean that when I look in the router page (by logging into the router website) it shows all other connected devices except the X32. I tried everything I found in forums with no luck at all. I also noticed that one of the yellow/orange(?) lights that indicates ethernet cable connection is on even when I don’t have a cable connected to it. The only thing I can think of is that the ethernet jack no longer works. Has anyone seen this problem before? If so, how can I fix this? If it’s broken, is it even fixable (by non professionals)? Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance!

• 0 Kudos
  • 10 Replies
Regular Contributor - Level 1

Re: X32’s remote ethernet jack not working

To me it sounds a bit suspect regarding the led being lit without cable connection, however I would try re initializing the board, maybe even reload the latest firmware if you have not done either yet. No harm at this point in doing that. Odd chance of a digital ghost. Gut feeling is the port is broken, should be fixable though.

Contributor - Level 2

Yeah, I have tried re-intitializing it, I have installed the latest firmware (3.11?), and still no luck. Do you know if it’s just a spare part I can order and replace? Or would I have to take it in somewhere?

Volunteer Moderator

Hi David @Davidkiim,

Have you checked the IP address in the X32 (Setup, network) and the router? The first 3 digits have to be identical and the last one has to be unique. Or enable the DHCP (encoder 1) to have the X32 get its IP from the router.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator
Contributor - Level 2

Hi Paul, @Paul_Vannatto 

yes, I have checked the IP addresses, and everything checks out. Router ip on “gateway”, and identical ip for the first row except the last number. Tried the DHCP option with no luck. Is the light supposed to be on even when there is no ethernet cable connected? Also, is the other light supposed to come one at some point? (There are two lights, one on each side of the ethernet jack). Only one is constantly on and the other one never turns on.

Volunteer Moderator

@Davidkiim wrote:

Is the light supposed to be on even when there is no ethernet cable connected? Also, is the other light supposed to come one at some point? (There are two lights, one on each side of the ethernet jack). Only one is constantly on and the other one never turns on.

The orange light should flicker as it receives/sends data, but should not be on when no ethernet is connected. Are you certain you have it plugged into the ethernet, not the Ultranet? (been there, done that)

Contributor - Level 2

@Paul_Vannatto 

yes, I have it plugged into the ethernet and not ultranet. Orange light is constantly on even when the cable is not connected. The light was still solid orange once we connected the ethernet, but we got it to flicker by wiggling it a little. The router still didn’t see anything connected to it though.

Volunteer Moderator

Ok David @Davidkiim. I'm now starting to grasp at straws (so to speak). But check that there is only one master clock (if you have another console or S16 connected) or the sync is set to internal (if nothing else is connected. One other thing to check - the clock, is it keeping time. If so, I would suspect what Gary @garyh also suspects that the ethernet has gone bad. If I remember correctly, it is part of the main system board and should be repaired by a qualified tech.

Contributor - Level 2

@Paul_Vannatto 

Sounds like something I will have to look at. I currently have an S16 and a X32 rack (acting as a second S16) connected to our mixer. How would I go about checking the clock? I’m not exactly sure what that is.. sorry for the ignorance

Volunteer Moderator

@Davidkiim wrote:

I currently have an S16 and a X32 rack (acting as a second S16) connected to our mixer. How would I go about checking the clock? 

First unplug the Rack and S16 from the X32 and check the ethernet port. If all of a sudden it is working, there is a very good possibility that you have more than one of your units acting as master clock. If that is the case:

* Check the S16 that the SN Master light is not lit. If it is, someone has changed the S16 mode and it needs to change to mode 1 or 2 (see instructions).

* Check both the X32 and X32 Rack on the Setup, global screen to make sure that only one is set to Internal. The other needs to be set to the AES50 Port (A or B) that it is connected to the other console).