Contributor - Level 1

XR 12 volume issue

Hello!
https://www.behringer.com/Categories/Behringer/Mixers/Digital/XR12/p/P0BI6#googtrans(en|en)

This mixer is controlled by tablet but tablet has its own volume down and up fuction.
Is tablets own volume control affecting any way the output sound of the mixer? Can tablets volume fuction set to be working as a main volume gain?

In my case I need tablet for the sports club music kiosk. I need to limit the volume with scheduler. The volume limiter app works with tablets output sound only. I hope I was specific enough Smiley Happy

Thank you!

JamesXr12 Contributor - Level 1 a week ago

a week ago

XR 12 volume issue

Hello!
https://www.behringer.com/Categories/Behringer/Mixers/Digital/XR12/p/P0BI6#googtrans(en|en)

This mixer is controlled by tablet but tablet has its own volume down and up fuction.
Is tablets own volume control affecting any way the output sound of the mixer? Can tablets volume fuction set to be working as a main volume gain?

In my case I need tablet for the sports club music kiosk. I need to limit the volume with scheduler. The volume limiter app works with tablets output sound only. I hope I was specific enough Smiley Happy

Thank you!

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Volunteer Moderator

Re: XR 12 volume issue

@JamesXr12 wrote:

Hello!

No that is not possible. The XR12 can only be controlled by an X-Air app, such as Mixing Station or some of the other third party tools. No audio comes to the tablet. The app only controls the mixer using OSC commands.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator
Highlighted
Valued Contributor - Level 1

Hi @JamesXr12 ,

Welcome to the community. I'm not sure Paul is reading your question the same way I am.   Is the tablet both the XR12 controller and also the source of the club's music?  If so, then turning down or up the volume on the tablet should control the source volume and thus the overall output at the speakers without having to touch the XR12 Main fader levels. 

If this doesn't help, please try to explain in more details what you need. 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Volunteer Moderator

@JamesXr12 wrote:

Hello!

No that is not possible. The XR12 can only be controlled by an X-Air app, such as Mixing Station or some of the other third party tools. No audio comes to the tablet. The app only controls the mixer using OSC commands.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator
Highlighted
Valued Contributor - Level 1

Hi @JamesXr12 ,

Welcome to the community. I'm not sure Paul is reading your question the same way I am.   Is the tablet both the XR12 controller and also the source of the club's music?  If so, then turning down or up the volume on the tablet should control the source volume and thus the overall output at the speakers without having to touch the XR12 Main fader levels. 

If this doesn't help, please try to explain in more details what you need. 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver