Chicorobinson Contributor - Level 1 2019-11-08

2019-11-08

Xair iPad app

With the new iOS update the iPads are not working. I’m losing money daily because I CANNOT MIX WITHOUT THE APP CRASHING

• 0 Kudos
  • 21 Replies
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Xair iPad app

i found mixing station i will try it out

William Buttry
Contributor - Level 2

I just tried Mix Station and it worked fine with my iPad.  

Contributor - Level 1

mixing station is a very bad app.

I wouldn't tell my mom what I think about this program.

it's weird that instead of a manufacturer's app, I have to use an extraneous piece of **bleep** and pay my money for it.

I paid the company for the mixer and can't use it because the company doesn't want to fix the app quickly.

so, I bought a nice hot soup at the bar, and when I say, Hey, guys, give me a spoon, and they say, there's a bucket in the corner for a pig, and if you don't like it, buy a beer mug. nothing else?)))

Volunteer Moderator

@grifmaster wrote:

mixing station is a very bad app.

I wouldn't tell my mom what I think about this program.

That is your opinion ONLY. There are many of us that use Mixing Station and love it. It is easy to use, but very versatile and customizable. I've been using it since Sept 2013 and do 60+ live events per year.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Rising Star - Level 3

Hi @grifmaster ,

Since I was taught to always respect someone else's opinion, maybe you can share some of your thoughts so we can help you with getting set up?   Please keep in constructive but we are here to help so please share. 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Contributor - Level 1

good thing I know how to configure programs like MS.

But some of my employees don't know how. Or my clients who rent the remote. They don't want to learn the MS program. They want an app they know well. Without surprises.

1) the main disadvantage of MS - as well as X32 mix - is not visible send levels in the main window. X-air here has an absolute advantage in live concert work. I didn't hear monitor mixes before - now I don't see them either.

2) when you switch the layer-if they have a different number of channels, the size of the fader changes, it is very inconvenient.

3) there is no swipe left / right for channels. 4) there is no 'select channel' button for custom ch. view, although you can create it.

biggest problem. You can make a lot of custom buttons, taps, sliders and faders, but this needs to be repeated on every iPad. I have 6 iPads. How do I transfer the same settings everywhere?

Contributor - Level 2

no two ways about this, mixing station or no this HAS TO BE FIXED ASAP by behringer.

os updates are frequent, anounced by apple, we've been getting app updates daily and none of 100's of apps crashed this severly since ios13. 

we rely on this. if we can't rely on this, than it is time to move on from midas. again, no two ways about this.

no, i do not want to learn other software. i've paid for it, don't like it, it is the same as the android app which i don't like.

luckily i've had an older ipad at hand (air1, cheap) which cannont go to ios13 as a spare.

so if you have one: (pic attached)

1. take the ios 13 one to itunes, go to apps file sharing and download your setting to desktop

2. take the ios 12 app and to the same thing in reverse

i've got all my show and settings back, not sure if i got literaly every setting but show scenes etc are there.

so that's a solution for now at least.

FIX THIS ASAP PLEASE.

Contributor - Level 1

Hi, I have the same issue of the app crashing.  I logged a problem ticket to be told that a behringer is working on a fix but couldn't say when it would be ready.  This is the reply:

"Thank you for contacting us.  It is never recommended to install operating system updates before confirming compatibility with applications which you rely on. However you may have more luck with the Midas M AIR app which is also compatible with the XR18."

Firstly the Midas app does the same so isn't a solution.  Secondly, the reason for the updates around iOS 13 was because of serious security issues discovered in the core OS, are behringer seriously recommending people leave their devices open to a security threat to let their program continue working?  As has been stated elsewhere Behringer will have known iOS 13 was coming and should have been prepared.  This is a poor customer experience and harks back to the bad old days of poor quality around the Behringer brand.

Rising Star - Level 3

This is how you are supposed to do it: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001890378-macOS-10-15-Catalina-Compatibi...

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Contributor - Level 1

Mixing Station works well for me on my iPad Pro 11 w/ iOS 13.2.latest.  I'll probably just stick with it and ditch the XAir app, since Behringer clearly doesn't give a f**k about the quality of their own software.

Keith F. Kelly