Performance

Advice on making and following support requests.

Contributor - Level 2
This is an oddity to me and it bugs me no end.

I recently had to make a support request re my B205D, (now resolved by me), and had great difficulty doing so. I still have no idea where to go to do this. I have no idea if a MUSIC ID login is required to do it but the impossibility of achieving that is a subject in its own right! Working email addresses are apparently 'Valid' / 'Not Valid' / 'Not Acceptable' / 'In Use' all at the same time as the system prefers!

I eventually clutzed my way through by a lucky find of an email address which I used and which got a response, (not particularly helpful in the first instance as the original request with diagnostic info was obviously not even read). This was nowhere to be seen in the dedicated MusicTribe/Behringer site.

Once this was received I then could not find out where to go to access the original request and its progress. I still have no idea of where I can find my own requests. Is this another instance of a manufacturer cutting costs by creating a (free) "community forum" for us to do the work of its own support team and doing everything it can to hide from its customers any path of contact which require a response? Or am I just dim and getting dimmer?
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Advice on making and following support requests.

Super Contributor - Level 2
I made a copy of this info, maybe it helps:

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@musictribe.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Re: Advice on making and following support requests.

Contributor - Level 2
That's the one Gary! That's the email address I found somewhere obscure on the web. It did get a response but, I have to say, it's a pretty poorly set up system for a company with the stature of Behringer when you can't go somewhere to track the progress of your request. You send an email out into the wide blue yonder and just wait for something to come back?

When the reply came through it did eventually help to sort out my issue, which actually turned out to be a non-issue after all, but it was frustrating to not know whether I had found something useful or not and taken some positive steps towards getting help.

Anyway, it is now here for future reference and I can now see it is in the sticky at the top of the Live Sound forum. Thanks for leading me towards that, it's appreciated.
Conversation Stats
  • Replies
  • Views
  • Kudos Given
  • Contributors