Highlighted

NX6000D Amplifiers

Contributor - Level 2
There seems to be very little about these online. Has anyone any experiences / reviews for them in the wild ?
Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9

Re: NX6000D Amplifiers

Volunteer Moderator
I know that Paul got a nx3000d recently and that it sounded better than an older peavey 900 amp.
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!

Re: NX6000D Amplifiers

Volunteer Moderator
Hi Anton,

As Robert mentioned, I purchased an NX3000D for my church to replace a dying Peavey 900 amp (class AB about 20+ years old) and installed it on Wednesday in preparation for their Christmas concert this weekend. Haven't had a chance to play with the DSP yet, other than set the mode to stereo. I also haven't rung out the room yet - still using the same EQ settings. But preliminary tests seem to provide a much cleaner sound and more gain before feedback. I'll know more after tonight's rehearsal.

If you do want discussion and reviews, try some of the audiophile forums such as this one. It is true that the fan is a bit noisy and some have replaced the fans with silent ones (which may void the warranty btw). That is not an issue for us, since it is located in a rack in a side room of the stage. The fans seem to be about the same loudness of the Peavey 900 (we still have the second one for the subs), but not as irritating IMO. I'm planning on replacing the other Peavey in the new year.
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator

Re: NX6000D Amplifiers

Contributor - Level 2
Thanks to both of you. I presently own 3 x inuke 6k's and they've been superb. Not worried about fan noise as I mainly do bands so that's not an issue, what does excite me is the networking ability to be able to monitor all 3 amps on one laptop. OR did I get that wrong ? I'm sure I saw that quoted somewhere on the web .....

The only problem is how I get this past my wife as I've only recently purchased the inukes within the last 12 months Smiley WinkSmiley Happy
I'm in New Zealand and the only NX series amp my supplier seems to advertise is the 3k. Do you know when this series was released ? I find it odd there's not a big advertising push to get them out there ..........

Oh and p.s ..... Paul how much was the 3k?

Re: NX6000D Amplifiers

Volunteer Moderator
Anton Harris;156597 wrote:
what does excite me is the networking ability to be able to monitor all 3 amps on one laptop. OR did I get that wrong ? I'm sure I saw that quoted somewhere on the web .....

No networking on the NX that I can see, only USB interface.

The only problem is how I get this past my wife as I've only recently purchased the inukes within the last 12 months Smiley WinkSmiley Happy

Probably is easier to get forgiveness than permission Smiley Wink

I'm in New Zealand and the only NX series amp my supplier seems to advertise is the 3k. Do you know when this series was released ? I find it odd there's not a big advertising push to get them out there ..........

It seems as though most of Music Groups products that the demand exceeds supply the first few months. The online dealer where I got the NX3000D just last week are again waiting for new stock (see link).

Oh and p.s ..... Paul how much was the 3k?

I paid $499 CAD
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator

Re: NX6000D Amplifiers

Volunteer Moderator
Hey Anton,

Just got back from the Christmas program rehearsal, and I'm blown away at the difference in sound we are getting from the Main LR. These are children that are performing. But everyone can be clearly heard without any effort. The narrators (3 teens that take turns with the lines) are situated 10' in front of the Main L speaker using a wireless handheld mic - crystal clear without any hint of feedback.
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator

Re: NX6000D Amplifiers

Contributor - Level 2
Paul Vannatto;156617 wrote:
Hey Anton,

Just got back from the Christmas program rehearsal, and I'm blown away at the difference in sound we are getting from the Main LR. These are children that are performing. But everyone can be clearly heard without any effort. The narrators (3 teens that take turns with the lines) are situated 10' in front of the Main L speaker using a wireless handheld mic - crystal clear without any hint of feedback.


That's great mate ! Bit of a step up from Peavey world

I'm loving the Inukes but didn't notice a sonic difference as I used to work at a live sound company where I had open access to QSC and Lab's BUT having said that I definitely haven't noticed a degradation in sound quality moving to the Inukes after I left that job and had to buy my own kit so that can only be a good thing and a fist pump to the Behringer boys ... they're doing good things and should be commended. And , on that, I'm hearing less and less disapproval of using ''Behringer'' now so that's great. I put that solely down the X series ?

Glad your rehearsal went well, All the best.

NX6000D failures

Contributor - Level 1
Hi All,
Has anyone experienced any problems with the new NX series amps ?
I have had two NX6000D’s fail, both after only 3 weeks casual use, they shut down & wouldn’t power up again.

I used it to drive my pair of 4ohm bass cabinets & it sounded absolutely superb, once the replacement NX quit, I thought there must be a component/manufacturer issue & id try something different, I went for a QSC GXD8, at more than twice the price of the NX, it doesn’t sound anywhere near as good, the bass sounds weak & soft compared to the NX, it’s going back to the supplier!

Regards
Jason

Re: NX6000D Amplifiers

Contributor - Level 2
Jason Shepherd;156971 wrote:
Hi All,
Has anyone experienced any problems with the new NX series amps ?
I have had two NX6000D’s fail, both after only 3 weeks casual use, they shut down & wouldn’t power up again.

I used it to drive my pair of 4ohm bass cabinets & it sounded absolutely superb, once the replacement NX quit, I thought there must be a component/manufacturer issue & id try something different, I went for a QSC GXD8, at more than twice the price of the NX, it doesn’t sound anywhere near as good, the bass sounds weak & soft compared to the NX, it’s going back to the supplier!

Regards
Jason


Another batch of bad diodes? I had two NU-6000's die a couple of years ago (one at a time, fortunately). That was the symptom and, supposedly, the problem.

When electronic parts are counterfeited, the result is the ability to undercut any reputable supplier with parts that look like the real thing and might even work for a while, but then fail in the field.

Re: NX6000D Amplifiers

Contributor - Level 1

NX6000 -- purchased new, sealed box on March 6, 2019. On April 25, 2019 installed in a rack for PA, connected to A/C power on a 15AMP conditioner. Input is low band output from a Nady CX-22SW crossover. With no speakers connected, NX6000 powered up, status lights okay. Connected two Seismic Audio SAP-18S low frequency drivers rated 8 ohm, 500W RMS, 30-500Hz using powered loudspeaker Speakon audio interconnects. Set volume on both channels to 25% and applied input signal. Amp popped and immediately shut down. Smell of burning circuits and smoke from front vents. Cut all power, disconnected unit, pulled from rack. On bench, no connections, A/C only, unit fails to power up. It appears that it fused the overload protection circuit and popped a MOV. Have a case open with Behringer Support on it hoping for a quick resolution.