Performance

P16 routing changes from M32 direct and DL32

Contributor - Level 1

Hi,

I have routed my channels for the P16 on the M32. When i plug into the Ultranet port on the back, everything is fine. When I go on stage and plug into the Ultranet port on the DL32, the channels scramble with some being repeated, some partial, some not coming up at all.

Any idea what the cause may be?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: P16 routing changes from M32 direct and DL32

Volunteer Moderator

Hi @rob2smith,

Welcome to the forum. By what you described, you have correctly assigned the channels, etc. on the Routing, Ultranet screen which provides you with the correct sends when connected to the M32 Ultranet port. If you are not getting the same when connected to the DL32 Ultranet port, it means that you have not assigned the Ultranet (called P16) to the 5th and 6th banks of the Routing, AES50 (A or B, depending on which AES50 port you are using on the back of the M32). 

For example, if you are using the AES50 A port, it would be assigned as follows

Routing, AES50-a screen

Outputs 33-40 -> P16 1-8

Outputs 41-48 -> P16 9-16

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator
3 REPLIES 3

Volunteer Moderator

Hi @rob2smith,

Welcome to the forum. By what you described, you have correctly assigned the channels, etc. on the Routing, Ultranet screen which provides you with the correct sends when connected to the M32 Ultranet port. If you are not getting the same when connected to the DL32 Ultranet port, it means that you have not assigned the Ultranet (called P16) to the 5th and 6th banks of the Routing, AES50 (A or B, depending on which AES50 port you are using on the back of the M32). 

For example, if you are using the AES50 A port, it would be assigned as follows

Routing, AES50-a screen

Outputs 33-40 -> P16 1-8

Outputs 41-48 -> P16 9-16

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator
Highlighted

Contributor - Level 1
Wow. thanks so much! I wouldn't have linked the two

Super Contributor - Level 2

Just a bit of added info. Most, if not all, of the stageboxes have fixed assignments to aes50a 33-48 for the output source of their ultranet port. By default aes50a 33-48 on a mixer is set for p16 1-8/9-16. When set like that the 2 ports, mixer and stagebox, have identical assignments. If that gets changed either by mistake or on purpose then the mixer and stagebox will carry 2 different assignments. This can be VERY useful at times or as in your case, a cause for routing confusion. Below is the DL32 aes50a fixed assignments from the user guide. (It would have been clearer (imo) if they had just labeled the last column 'P16/Ultranet out')dl32 config.PNG 

Tags (1)