Performance

Highlighted

X32 + S16 No Signal

Contributor - Level 2
I have an X32 (full size) with latest firmware and an S16 with latest firmware. We want to use the S16 as a stagebox. They will only sync up using AES50B, X32 clock set to AES50B, and S16 in mode 1-6. The meter on the S16 registers a signal when generated (for example by vocal mic), but NOTHING registers at the X32. The X32 shows the S16 as a connected device in the AES50B window.

We have tried multiple AES50 cables, as well as trying to get the S16 to work with the X32 Producer. We got the same result - no signal to the board.

The green LED is active on both S16 and X32 - indicating they are synced.

Any ideas? We have a show Friday night and starting to panic a bit.

Thanks for any help!
Steve Butcher Vocals/Keyboards/EWI Broken Arrow, OK
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6

Re: X32 + S16 No Signal

Volunteer Moderator
Hi Steve,

X32 needs to be master clock (Setup, global, synchronization = Internal) and S16 as slave (modes 1-3) using the S16 A port (not B port - used only for cascading stageboxes).

What have you assigned on the Routing, home (Inputs) screen? It should be AES50 B1-8, B9-16, etc. (if you are using the AES50 B port on the back of the X32). The Routing, AES50-b screen is the X32 outputs to that port (not inputs).
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator

Contributor - Level 2
As always, thanks for the quick reply.

We originally tried connecting X32 A port to S16 A port and didn't have success syncing.

As for routing, using the first tab we assigned the inputs for the X32 channels 17-24/25-32 as AES channels 1-8/9-16.

Volunteer Moderator
Steve, I would suggest you upload your scene file. Here are the instructions.

Contributor - Level 2
I will have access to the board this evening and do just that.

THANKS!

Contributor - Level 2
Here is the scene file.

Volunteer Moderator
Hi Steve,

You currently have the 3rd and 4th bank of the Routing, home (Inputs) assigned to the AES50 A17-24, and A25-32. If the AES50 cable is plugged into the A port on the back of the console, change that assignment to AES50 A1-8 and A9-16 in order to get signals from the S16.

Also I noticed that the Routing, card out screen is assigned to the AES50 B1-8, 9-16, 17-24, 25,32. If you want to record the same inputs as what is coming into the console, mirror the assignments of the Routing, home (Inputs) to the Routing, card out screens.
Conversation Stats
  • Replies
  • Views
  • Kudos Given
  • Contributors