Highlighted

static coming over monitors on channel 2 only

Contributor - Level 3

i got a new mixer and  was getting a ton of static over all the in ear monitors,  i did  some checking ion it was only coming from channel 2 on the mixer. if i muted or turned down channel 2, it went away. i tried unplugging stuff from channel 2 and still getting load static/white noise from it through my in ears. i moved everything that was in  channel 2 to another channel and had zero issues.   am i missing something? i got another mixer  from the same place and have the same issue.  here is a file i have attactched of my settings  i copied  what the settings were in channel 2 and pasted them to channel 5 and had zero issues if i muted channel 2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: static coming over monitors on channel 2 only

Super Contributor - Level 2

@JeffreyHann 

Inputs 1 and 2 on the XR18 are high-impedance. They will produce more noise than the other inputs with the same gain settings when they are not connected to a source. When a source is connected, the noise level should be similar to that of other channels.

3 REPLIES 3

Contributor - Level 3
it is a behringer xr18 mixer, 1.17 firmware and 1.5 software

Super Contributor - Level 2

@JeffreyHann 

Inputs 1 and 2 on the XR18 are high-impedance. They will produce more noise than the other inputs with the same gain settings when they are not connected to a source. When a source is connected, the noise level should be similar to that of other channels.

Contributor - Level 3

that was it,   i have a wireless connected to channel 1 all the time and a sub snake to channels 2-8 and anoither sub snake for channels 9-16.   so unless i get another wireless , ill just leave channel 2 open and muted

thanks so much