Contributor - Level 1

Cooling fan/vents??....Heat concerns on IP1000 thru IP3000?

I sent back a Samson VX8.1 line array pa unit that was not working properly and decided instead to buy a Turbosound IP1000 which I rec'd 10/12/2019.  I only ran the IP1000 a few hours to practice on my Roland RD-2000. The rear metal plate where inputs plug in, gets almost too hot to touch.  Should I be concerned about internal heat build up as I don't see a visible cooling fan nor any air vent ports.  On the Samson VX8.1 I returned, plus many other models I've researched, do have a visible cooling fan and or air venting with some having possible non-visible internal fans. On this blog somewhere, I read someone was asking IF there was an effective way to retrofit a cooling fan solution for their speaker.  I do "know" that excessive heat does in fact break down electronics over time.  IS there any internal fan or any air porting/venting in any of the Turbosound Inspire IP1000 thru IP3000 models? I like the sound I'm hearing, I'm also thinking about pa system longevity too.

gm12338 Contributor - Level 1 2019-10-12

2019-10-12

Cooling fan/vents??....Heat concerns on IP1000 thru IP3000?

I sent back a Samson VX8.1 line array pa unit that was not working properly and decided instead to buy a Turbosound IP1000 which I rec'd 10/12/2019.  I only ran the IP1000 a few hours to practice on my Roland RD-2000. The rear metal plate where inputs plug in, gets almost too hot to touch.  Should I be concerned about internal heat build up as I don't see a visible cooling fan nor any air vent ports.  On the Samson VX8.1 I returned, plus many other models I've researched, do have a visible cooling fan and or air venting with some having possible non-visible internal fans. On this blog somewhere, I read someone was asking IF there was an effective way to retrofit a cooling fan solution for their speaker.  I do "know" that excessive heat does in fact break down electronics over time.  IS there any internal fan or any air porting/venting in any of the Turbosound Inspire IP1000 thru IP3000 models? I like the sound I'm hearing, I'm also thinking about pa system longevity too.

• 0 Kudos
  • 0 Replies