Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

EUROPORT PPA200 - True stereo output?

Hello everyone,

Would the signal output from a channel's balanced input using a TRS jack on that input be true stereo? I've been running the stereo left/right outputs from my guitar effects unit through the PPA200's stereo channel which has left/right inputs and it sounds beautiful. The thing is I'd like to use that channel for something else, hence my question.

Thank you for your time.

buskerer Contributor - Level 3 2020-03-22

2020-03-22

EUROPORT PPA200 - True stereo output?

Hello everyone,

Would the signal output from a channel's balanced input using a TRS jack on that input be true stereo? I've been running the stereo left/right outputs from my guitar effects unit through the PPA200's stereo channel which has left/right inputs and it sounds beautiful. The thing is I'd like to use that channel for something else, hence my question.

Thank you for your time.

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Re: EUROPORT PPA200 - True stereo output?

@buskerer wrote:

Would the signal output from a channel's balanced input using a TRS jack on that input be true stereo? 

No, balanced TRS input is not a stereo input. It uses the same 1/4" jack. But the pinouts are different. A balanced TRS has pin 1 = shield, pin 2 = hot+, pin 3 = hot- (180 degrees out of phase).

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

@buskerer wrote:

Would the signal output from a channel's balanced input using a TRS jack on that input be true stereo? 

No, balanced TRS input is not a stereo input. It uses the same 1/4" jack. But the pinouts are different. A balanced TRS has pin 1 = shield, pin 2 = hot+, pin 3 = hot- (180 degrees out of phase).

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

That's a shame. Thanks for your answer.