Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Europort MPA30BT Charging

Hi All,

I'm thinking of getting a Behringer Europort MPA30BT to use away from mains power. However, I need to be able to charge it from 12v DC, USB or other DC supply when mains is not available. Is there a DC charging input on this unit?

Thanks for looking, Geoff

Tags (1)
GeoffL Contributor - Level 1 2020-02-29

2020-02-29

Europort MPA30BT Charging

Hi All,

I'm thinking of getting a Behringer Europort MPA30BT to use away from mains power. However, I need to be able to charge it from 12v DC, USB or other DC supply when mains is not available. Is there a DC charging input on this unit?

Thanks for looking, Geoff

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Europort MPA30BT Charging

Hi Geoff @GeoffL 

Welcome to the forum. The MPA30BT charges the internal battery from the AC input. Therefore the only way to charge it via battery is to use a sine wave type inverter.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Superhero - Level 3

@GeoffL 

Hello Geoff, welcome to the community.

There is no DC power input on the MPA30BT. It requires 100-240 V at 50/60 Hz. If that is not available, you should be able to charge it from a 12Vdc supply through a small inverter like this. 

Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Hi Geoff @GeoffL 

Welcome to the forum. The MPA30BT charges the internal battery from the AC input. Therefore the only way to charge it via battery is to use a sine wave type inverter.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!

Highlighted
Superhero - Level 3

@GeoffL 

Hello Geoff, welcome to the community.

There is no DC power input on the MPA30BT. It requires 100-240 V at 50/60 Hz. If that is not available, you should be able to charge it from a 12Vdc supply through a small inverter like this. 

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks to both @Paul_Vannatto and yourself. FWIW, I couldn't find a DC input but the panel has a USB-level output. I wondered whether that could double as an input or whether I'd missed an input somewhere else.

As a sine-wave inverter is an expense I'd rather avoid, I'll have to check out the competition before making a buying decision.

Thanks again, Geoff