Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

IP2000v1 Cracking sound with no inputs connected

Anyone else have a similar experience? One of my ip2000s started making some extremely audible cracking sounds in the high and mid-high sections. Removing all inputs, turning down the master volume and input gains had no effect.

I applied a sharp percussive maintenance to the back panel and the behavior stopped and did not return for the rest of the night. Physical inspection of the amp section did not show anything out of sort, but I did reseat the input to power amp ribbon cable for good measure. 

I'll update here if it happens again.

Thanks!

Jeff

JeffVance Contributor - Level 2 2020-03-14

2020-03-14

IP2000v1 Cracking sound with no inputs connected

Anyone else have a similar experience? One of my ip2000s started making some extremely audible cracking sounds in the high and mid-high sections. Removing all inputs, turning down the master volume and input gains had no effect.

I applied a sharp percussive maintenance to the back panel and the behavior stopped and did not return for the rest of the night. Physical inspection of the amp section did not show anything out of sort, but I did reseat the input to power amp ribbon cable for good measure. 

I'll update here if it happens again.

Thanks!

Jeff

Highlighted
Superhero - Level 1

Re: IP2000v1 Cracking sound with no inputs connected

@JeffVance 

Hello, I like your method

"I applied a sharp percussive maintenance to the back panel"

Sometimes my preferred tool over all is the hammer!

Thanks for the Accepted Solutions and Kudos! Always appreciated IF duly earned.