Contributor - Level 1

Turbosound ip2000 v2

Hey all,

I have been using the IP2000's for a few months now.   They sound great....until I have to push them for a bit more volume.  I have a small band with pre recorded tracks for Bass and Drums...we sing and play guitar over these tracks.

I seems there is a general agreement to set everything on the speakers DSP to "0" to use these as a PA speaker with a mixer.   However, it seems there is not a clear explaination as to how much input to use to optimize the output of the speaker.  

The ouput runs hot and pegs out very quickly...to the point the system will cut out or clip.  I think Turbosound should do a video addressing input and output settings.  On the DSP display it will show the input at two bars and the output quickly goes off the scale.   It is hard to balance these two settings.  

Does anyone have their own experiences to share?

guitarman_nebr Contributor - Level 1 2019-06-26

2019-06-26

Turbosound ip2000 v2

Hey all,

I have been using the IP2000's for a few months now.   They sound great....until I have to push them for a bit more volume.  I have a small band with pre recorded tracks for Bass and Drums...we sing and play guitar over these tracks.

I seems there is a general agreement to set everything on the speakers DSP to "0" to use these as a PA speaker with a mixer.   However, it seems there is not a clear explaination as to how much input to use to optimize the output of the speaker.  

The ouput runs hot and pegs out very quickly...to the point the system will cut out or clip.  I think Turbosound should do a video addressing input and output settings.  On the DSP display it will show the input at two bars and the output quickly goes off the scale.   It is hard to balance these two settings.  

Does anyone have their own experiences to share?

• 0 Kudos
  • 0 Replies