Contributor - Level 2

How to connect a Korg K25 midi studio controller with voicelive touch 2

Hi there, I'm a singer and a totally newbie with the TC Helicon Voicelive 2 touch . I am experimenting with it and I canot find out how to connect the TC Helicon Voicelive 2 touch with a Korg K25 midi studio controller. I want to do that in case when I want to harmonize it keeps in key with the song we are playing. I never worked with midi at all so maybe I am making some basical mistakes, but I hope that there is somewhere a guide or what to help me get along.

Doris Contributor - Level 2 2019-05-26

2019-05-26

How to connect a Korg K25 midi studio controller with voicelive touch 2

Hi there, I'm a singer and a totally newbie with the TC Helicon Voicelive 2 touch . I am experimenting with it and I canot find out how to connect the TC Helicon Voicelive 2 touch with a Korg K25 midi studio controller. I want to do that in case when I want to harmonize it keeps in key with the song we are playing. I never worked with midi at all so maybe I am making some basical mistakes, but I hope that there is somewhere a guide or what to help me get along.

Triber Moderator

Re: How to connect a Korg K25 midi studio controller with voicelive touch 2

Hey @Doris,
You should be able to use a 5-pin MIDI cable (like this) to connect the MIDI output from your Korg to the MIDI input on the VoiceLive Touch 2.  Also ensure that in the "Setup" menu on your Touch 2, on the "MIDI" tab that the "MIDI Control" parameter is set to either "MIDI" or "Merge" so that the Touch 2 is listening to that MIDI input port.  Cheers!

Testing engineer at TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.