Contributor - Level 1

Why so hard to find the MP-76?

Finally decided to bite the bullet and get one of the TC-Helicon mics to accompany my VoiceLive Play. I find it odd that the MP-75 is readily available online and in music stores, but the MP-76 is almost nowhere to be found - although I finally did find one supplier, at what appeared to be a pretty steeply discounted price. I snapped it up.

Just wondering why that is? Is the MP-76 still in production? Or is demand just so great they can't keep up?

Toadman99 Contributor - Level 1 2019-08-12

2019-08-12

Why so hard to find the MP-76?

Finally decided to bite the bullet and get one of the TC-Helicon mics to accompany my VoiceLive Play. I find it odd that the MP-75 is readily available online and in music stores, but the MP-76 is almost nowhere to be found - although I finally did find one supplier, at what appeared to be a pretty steeply discounted price. I snapped it up.

Just wondering why that is? Is the MP-76 still in production? Or is demand just so great they can't keep up?

Valued Contributor - Level 2

Re: Why so hard to find the MP-76?

Hi Todd ( @Toadman99 ), 

Sweetwater shows it as "No Longer Available". I checked with my local Guitar Center and was told that they are out of stock online and can no longer special order them.  Sounds like they were quietly discontinued or temporarily suspended from production. 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver