Top Solution Authors
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Aux in routing M32R Live, SD -and DAW recording

Hi musicians and technicians. Greetings from Norway

I purchased a Midas M32R live 4 weeks ago. Sold my X32 three years ago which I did a lot of multitrack recording in Cubase

Do apologies for asking this common question, but the search function and result is to generic and to many “wrong answers😊

I do have the latest firmware update on my mixer and the DN-32 LIVE card

My routing questions is related to 4 aux inputs routed to input ch 17-20.

I wane be able to record my 4 aux channels trough ch17-22 and to the SD card. Of course I wane playback al the tracks from the SD card to the same input channels for listening and tweaking.

I also want to have the same routing when I record trough usb port and to Cubasis 2 Ipad. I only need to have a 2-track stereo back to my console from my I pad

I had read several posts and youtube video’s but they are mainly on X32 console’s and old firmware.

The ROUTER-USER menu is new to me. Is the solution in the new user tab ?

Please send me an example of routing, ore a link that will clearly show me the answer.

I’ve been routing for 2 weeks and I ‘am out of patient 😊

DagFrognerHanse Contributor - Level 2 2020-03-31

2020-03-31

Aux in routing M32R Live, SD -and DAW recording

Hi musicians and technicians. Greetings from Norway

I purchased a Midas M32R live 4 weeks ago. Sold my X32 three years ago which I did a lot of multitrack recording in Cubase

Do apologies for asking this common question, but the search function and result is to generic and to many “wrong answers😊

I do have the latest firmware update on my mixer and the DN-32 LIVE card

My routing questions is related to 4 aux inputs routed to input ch 17-20.

I wane be able to record my 4 aux channels trough ch17-22 and to the SD card. Of course I wane playback al the tracks from the SD card to the same input channels for listening and tweaking.

I also want to have the same routing when I record trough usb port and to Cubasis 2 Ipad. I only need to have a 2-track stereo back to my console from my I pad

I had read several posts and youtube video’s but they are mainly on X32 console’s and old firmware.

The ROUTER-USER menu is new to me. Is the solution in the new user tab ?

Please send me an example of routing, ore a link that will clearly show me the answer.

I’ve been routing for 2 weeks and I ‘am out of patient 😊

• 0 Kudos
  • 4 Replies
Highlighted
Superhero - Level 3

Re: Aux in routing M32R Live, SD -and DAW recording

@DagFrognerHanse 

The best way for us to help is to look at your current scene. Save/export the scene and attach the .scn file to your post (see the Choose File button below).

The User In and User Out patching in console firmware V4.xx is very helpful for managing channel input reassignments - particularly with record/play switching for the option card USB/SD.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks Rex.

I have today studied user in/outs videos and will give it I try before I dump photos from my routing.

If the routing in user in/outs also direct the input and sound to the SD card and DAW, I should manage 😊

Highlighted
Superhero - Level 3

@DagFrognerHanse wrote:

Thanks Rex.

I have today studied user in/outs videos and will give it I try before I dump photos from my routing.

If the routing in user in/outs also direct the input and sound to the SD card and DAW, I should manage 😊

@DagFrognerHanse 

The best approach is to map all channel inputs for Record through User In and all Card outputs through User Out - using the same patching. This means that the SD/USB tracks will match the console channel numbers. The input Play routing from Card can then be 1:1 and all channels will get the recording from their original source.

If you do run into trouble, please post your scene rather than screenshots. It gives us almost all the information we need to be able to help.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks Rex. I routed some of my channels, in user in.

I can now use my aux inputs, record them on SD-card and DAW. And the good thing is that I can listen to the tracks at the same channels. But, this was a tricky one