Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Connecting Voicelive Play and a Yamaha MG12XUK mixing console

Hi, I have a VoiceLive Play that I want to use to help with our singing and I want to connect it to a Yamaha MG12XUK mixer. We use this setup to sing along with midi karaoke.

Can anyone suggest how to connect them to make the most out of the pitch correction feature of the Voicelive Play?

Regards

picho18 Contributor - Level 2 2020-01-28

2020-01-28

Connecting Voicelive Play and a Yamaha MG12XUK mixing console

Hi, I have a VoiceLive Play that I want to use to help with our singing and I want to connect it to a Yamaha MG12XUK mixer. We use this setup to sing along with midi karaoke.

Can anyone suggest how to connect them to make the most out of the pitch correction feature of the Voicelive Play?

Regards

• 0 Kudos
  • 4 Replies
Highlighted
Triber Contributor

Re: Connecting Voicelive Play and a Yamaha MG12XUK mixing console

Hi @picho18 , 

You should be able to simply take the two stereo outputs from the Voicelive Play and plug them via xlr into two input channels on the mixer. 

That said, you said you're planning to use midi for the karaoke; this may be difficult as the Voicelive Play doesn't have a midi input. If you're outputting your karaoke tracks through the same mixer I could help you with some potential routing setups that would work for harmonies. 

Hope this helps, let me know if you have further questions! Smiley Happy 

Robert Deacon | Triber, Music Tribe I'm here to help! Let me know if you have any further questions, and if I answered your question feel free to like it and "accept it as solution" Community Guidelines | FAQs
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Hi Rob, many tha nks for your reply.

Yes, my setup is a Creative Labs Audigy 2 NX handling the midi files. This is connected to the mixer with the tracks.

So, I need to connect the Voicelive Play in such a way that it can assist us with the pitch correction.

Any help form you will be very welcome.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Hi again @TCH-Rob , I thought maybe I give you a full description of my setup so you can assist us.

We use a computer to generate the music track, using Creative Labs Audigy 2 NX external card, with its own Soundfont Bank manager. The output of the Audigy is connected to a Yamaha MG12XUK mixer and from there to a Lexsen amplifier.

The TC Helicon VoiceLive play is also connected to the mixer.

So, our question is:

How do we connect the music (the track) from the Audigy to the VoiceLive Play in order to get it to help us with the pitch correction?

Kind regards

Highlighted
Triber Contributor

Hi @picho18 , sorry for the super delayed reply! 

You'll want to send the Audigy mic channel throught the aux send on the mixer, and send the aux send out into the aux in on the Voicelive Play. This is basically sending a copy of the Audigy signal to the Voicelive. For this setup you'll also want to go to the output tab in the setup menu (on the Voicelive Play) and set "aux to main out" to off. 

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy 

Robert Deacon | Triber, Music Tribe I'm here to help! Let me know if you have any further questions, and if I answered your question feel free to like it and "accept it as solution" Community Guidelines | FAQs