Top Solution Authors
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

How do I update Firmware for my DL16?

I just purchased a used Midas DL16...

I have a Mac, how would i go about updating the firmware on the DL16?

Secondly, when i hold down the Config button, and power up the unit; It does NOT display the current firmware version....is there a different way to do this?

hollywood Contributor - Level 3 2020-03-25

2020-03-25

How do I update Firmware for my DL16?

I just purchased a used Midas DL16...

I have a Mac, how would i go about updating the firmware on the DL16?

Secondly, when i hold down the Config button, and power up the unit; It does NOT display the current firmware version....is there a different way to do this?

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Superhero - Level 1

Re: How do I update Firmware for my DL16?

@hollywood 

Hello, you need a pc to update, you will not see the firmware version unless connected to the pc via the usb connection.

Update Process:

1. Download and unpack the latest updater zip file from midasconsoles.com on your Windows PC

2. Connect the DL16 USB port to your PC using a standard USB cable (type A -- type B)

3. Hold the CONFIG button depressed while switching the DL16 on

4. The DL16 display will show the current firmware version on its display

5. Make sure you have started your Windows session with Administrator access, then start the updater executable

6. The terminal window will inform you about the update progress. Wait approximately 1 min until it shows completed.

7. Disconnect the USB link and switch the DL16 power off / on

8. If you wish, you may check if the update has successfully been loaded by holding the CONFIG button while power cycling the DL16, again.

9. Note, that the display will only show the firmware version while being connected via USB.

Thanks for the Accepted Solutions and Kudos! Always appreciated IF duly earned.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Superhero - Level 1

@hollywood 

Hello, you need a pc to update, you will not see the firmware version unless connected to the pc via the usb connection.

Update Process:

1. Download and unpack the latest updater zip file from midasconsoles.com on your Windows PC

2. Connect the DL16 USB port to your PC using a standard USB cable (type A -- type B)

3. Hold the CONFIG button depressed while switching the DL16 on

4. The DL16 display will show the current firmware version on its display

5. Make sure you have started your Windows session with Administrator access, then start the updater executable

6. The terminal window will inform you about the update progress. Wait approximately 1 min until it shows completed.

7. Disconnect the USB link and switch the DL16 power off / on

8. If you wish, you may check if the update has successfully been loaded by holding the CONFIG button while power cycling the DL16, again.

9. Note, that the display will only show the firmware version while being connected via USB.

Thanks for the Accepted Solutions and Kudos! Always appreciated IF duly earned.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you Gary!  Problem solved.