Top Solution Authors
Regular Contributor - Level 1

How to save uncommon settings

Hello all.  Working with a new M32 in our church.

We have a pretty good handle on scenes, snippets and library entries.

But how about things like mixer settings under Setup and the Assign sections.  How can these settings be recorded in case somebody really mucks things up?

Thx in advance.
Dwayne A

DwayneAasberg Regular Contributor - Level 1 2019-06-30

2019-06-30

How to save uncommon settings

Hello all.  Working with a new M32 in our church.

We have a pretty good handle on scenes, snippets and library entries.

But how about things like mixer settings under Setup and the Assign sections.  How can these settings be recorded in case somebody really mucks things up?

Thx in advance.
Dwayne A

• 0 Kudos
  • 5 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Volunteer Moderator

Re: How to save uncommon settings

Hi Dwayne @DwayneAasberg,

Happy Canada Day, eh? 152 years old - how time flies 

You are correct that using the snippet GUI in the X32 or X32-Edit, there is no way of creating a snippet with just the assign settings. But you can parse out (extract) those lines from a known good scene file using either a text editor or Scene Parser to make your snippet.

The easiest way to backup the global settings is to use MX Terminal and use the 3 tidbit commands, once you've connected. MX Terminal is a chat-like interface that I developed for the X32 and X-Air blind community so that they can send OSC, tidbit and/or English equivalent commands to the console and get a response in the lower section.

To first connect, you can use the following commands

Set mixer to M32

Connect

The connect command (if not provided an IP address) will search for the first console and connect. If it doesn't respond with a message, try it again.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!

View solution in original post

Volunteer Moderator

The assign settings are included in the scenes (lines 23-30). For the global settings, I thought Patrick had made a tool to backup and restore these settings. But looking on his website, I don't see it. You can backup these settings using Live Toolbox, MX Terminal, or LT_Command. 

To save the settings you would use he following tidbit commands (or create a tidbit file):

Store 1

Store 1 allconfig

Recall 1 tid "M32 Global Settings.tid"

To restore these settings, use the following tidbit command

Launch tid "M32 Global Settings.tid"

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Hello Dwayne A.
To save the configuration, routing, patch application and change is not done when a new scene is loaded.
One way to do this is to use SAFE RECALL in the place that has what it protects.
I hope it is useful to you and my help
I am at your service
Best regards
Carlos M Perrone

CARLOS MARIA PERRONE
Volunteer Moderator

@CARLOSPER wrote:

To save the configuration, routing, patch application and change is not done when a new scene is loaded.

That is actually not correct. When you save a scene, it does in fact include routing, patch application, etc. The only settings not included in scenes are the global settings. If you want to see what is in a scene file, export one to a scene file and have a look using a text editor.

One way to do this is to use SAFE RECALL in the place that has what it protects.
Since safes are not very granular and have not been well document, I've been advising everyone to avoid them and instead create snippets to do the same thing. 

Regular Contributor - Level 1

Good morning Paul and happy Canada Day.

Okay.  Assigns are included in scenes.  Good to know.

Since I don't see a way to manipulate them with snippets on the board I assume the only way copy assigns from one scene to another is with an off-board script editor.  Correct?

I will download the other tools you mention to capture and save the global settings.

Thx again for your help.
D

Volunteer Moderator

Happy Canada Day, eh? 152 years old - how time flies 

You are correct that using the snippet GUI in the X32 or X32-Edit, there is no way of creating a snippet with just the assign settings. But you can parse out (extract) those lines from a known good scene file using either a text editor or Scene Parser to make your snippet.

The easiest way to backup the global settings is to use MX Terminal and use the 3 tidbit commands, once you've connected. MX Terminal is a chat-like interface that I developed for the X32 and X-Air blind community so that they can send OSC, tidbit and/or English equivalent commands to the console and get a response in the lower section.

To first connect, you can use the following commands

Set mixer to M32

Connect

The connect command (if not provided an IP address) will search for the first console and connect. If it doesn't respond with a message, try it again.

View solution in original post