Top Solution Authors
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Locking EQ, Gain & Dynamics for Training Purposes - PRO2C

I am training a set of good volunteers on their Midas Pro2C system and I would like to know if I can either lock the gain and dynamics section.  While they understand the signal flow of the board, they still need to train their ear and in order to avoid making mistakes during service.  The Pastor has asked me for a way to lock the console which is something we did back when they had the Yamaha M7CL48; however, after reading the manual, I don't think such feature is available for the pro2.  I can't even find a section where you have "user" profiles and manage what one can and cannot do.  If this is indeed not available today in the latest firmware, how do I go about putting in a feature request? 

F. Calderon | Antigua Productions
Tags (4)
AntiguaProd Contributor - Level 1 2019-07-07

2019-07-07

Locking EQ, Gain & Dynamics for Training Purposes - PRO2C

I am training a set of good volunteers on their Midas Pro2C system and I would like to know if I can either lock the gain and dynamics section.  While they understand the signal flow of the board, they still need to train their ear and in order to avoid making mistakes during service.  The Pastor has asked me for a way to lock the console which is something we did back when they had the Yamaha M7CL48; however, after reading the manual, I don't think such feature is available for the pro2.  I can't even find a section where you have "user" profiles and manage what one can and cannot do.  If this is indeed not available today in the latest firmware, how do I go about putting in a feature request? 

Triber Contributor

Re: Locking EQ, Gain & Dynamics for Training Purposes - PRO2C

Hi AntiquaProd,

There isn't a way to 'lock' features on the PRO Series consoles. A potential solution could be to utilize the console's Automation and create Scenes. Now if something happens they can reload the Scene, effectively resetting the console to the desired settings prior to the mistake. You can also lock Scenes so they can't be overwritten. Hope this helps.

Chase McKnight | Solutions Manager, Music Tribe If you found my post helpful, go ahead and give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs