Top Solution Authors
Contributor - Level 2

M32C physical main outs

Hello all, 

As you know the M32C has 2 1/4 out on the back labled "monitoring outoput" I would like to send a paif of mix buses out to these physical outs. 

I'm having trouble understand if that is possible.  Please help if you can. 

aaron shadwell
Tags (2)
shadwell Contributor - Level 2 2019-12-07

2019-12-07

M32C physical main outs

Hello all, 

As you know the M32C has 2 1/4 out on the back labled "monitoring outoput" I would like to send a paif of mix buses out to these physical outs. 

I'm having trouble understand if that is possible.  Please help if you can. 

• 0 Kudos
  • 6 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: M32C physical main outs

PAUL  thank you!  

aaron shadwell

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

@shadwell wrote:

Hello all, 

Solo the desired mixbus master strip

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

PAUL  thank you!  

aaron shadwell

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Im sorry, Paul you are correct in that by soloing the mix bus it in fact passes to the monitoring out.  

I just simply want to route the output of mix bus 1&2 to the monitoring out with no use of solos. It's for an IEM mix. The other IEM mixes would come off the stage box. 

For the the life of me , i find this box hard to use and I must say I am starting to think I might have purchased the wrong item. Smiley Sad  I hope with some elbow grease I can turn this feeling around. 

aaron shadwell
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

There's monitoring and there's monitoring.  There are the console's 16 buses you'd use for monitoring (eg for wedges or IEMs,) then there's the console's stereo solo bus you'd use for solo-ing a particular channel in your headphones\nearfield monitors.

The dedicated "monitor" sockets on the rear of the console are tied to the console's solo bus.  They'll only ever output whatever's in the console's solo bus, unless nothing is soloed, in which case they'll output whatever is set in Monitor>Monitor Source option of the console.

The other XLR\TRS sockets on the rear of the console can have any bus routed to them (including the solo bus.)

What you cannot do is route a (non-solo) bus to the dedicated monitor sockets (at least not without sacrificing the console's solo functionality.)

If you let us know what console and stageboxes you've got, as well as which signals you'd like to appear on which outputs, we can probably figure out how to route it for you.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

@CraigFowler   thanks very much for your patient response.  Ill get back to you with some thing more after some rest, its been a good long 12hr day and im more that a little fried. 

im really hoping I can feel good about this purchase, but right now im feeling really bummed out. 

best, A

aaron shadwell
Highlighted
Rising Star - Level 3

@shadwellIn the monitor section from the source drop down menu you can select aux5/6 (or maybe even better aux 7/8 if you don't need it for the usb player). Then on aux ch 5 and 6 (or 7/8), go to the config page and change the source of that aux ch to your desired bus instead, eg bus 1 and bus 2. You may want to unlink aux 7/8 if you use them, they are linked by default and labled USB L and USB R. You can get 2 separate mono monitor mixes that way using the 2 outputs on the back of the M32C. You also will most likely not want to send those aux ch's to main l/r.