Top Solution Authors
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3
Contributor - Level 3

M32R Main Output Panning

I just bought the M32R I'm having some troubles figuring out how to have seperation coming out of my main speakers from Studio One Pro daw. When I'm tring to pan L to R it does not correspond with the speakers. The board is shipped with main speakers out 7 & 8 and they are panned left to right. I can pan channels on the board to make it work, but that does not seem necessary. I.ve been trying to figure this out for 48 hours,I could surely use some help. Thank You

JAB Contributor - Level 3 2020-03-22

2020-03-22

M32R Main Output Panning

I just bought the M32R I'm having some troubles figuring out how to have seperation coming out of my main speakers from Studio One Pro daw. When I'm tring to pan L to R it does not correspond with the speakers. The board is shipped with main speakers out 7 & 8 and they are panned left to right. I can pan channels on the board to make it work, but that does not seem necessary. I.ve been trying to figure this out for 48 hours,I could surely use some help. Thank You

• 0 Kudos
  • 7 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Re: M32R Main Output Panning

Hi James @JAB 

Welcome to the forum. This is likely due to a routing issue, either in Studio One or in the M32. I would suggest you export your scene to a file (either using the Utility button on the console or M32-Edit for PC, Mac or linux) and attach it to your next post (Choose File below). We'll have a look and better advise.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

@JAB wrote:

I have two pairs of monitors, I would like to A & B them for mixing purposes. I have the first set of monitors plugged into output 7 & 8 using USB aux channels 1 & 2. If I plug the other speakers into output 5 & 6, I've been trying to figure out how to route that using USB aux channels 3 and 4.

One way to do this is to first stereo link channels 3/4. Then go to the Main tab (of one of those channels) and unselect the LR - so that it doesn't go to the Main LR). Finally on the Routing, Out 1-16, change Outputs 5/6 to DirOut Ch 3/4 (post fader) respectively. 

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!

Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Hi James @JAB 

Welcome to the forum. This is likely due to a routing issue, either in Studio One or in the M32. I would suggest you export your scene to a file (either using the Utility button on the console or M32-Edit for PC, Mac or linux) and attach it to your next post (Choose File below). We'll have a look and better advise.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3
Contributor - Level 3

Hello Paul, thx for the quick response. I hope I saved the file correctly, I'm a newbie.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3
Contributor - Level 3

Sorry problem wasn't solved I just hit the wrong button. 

Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Hi James @JAB 

The tracks from ProTools (via Card In) are coming in as mono tracks 1-16. Therefore the console will only see those tracks as mono. If you want to control the pan field from the DAW, you will need to setup 2 of the channels in the M32 as a stereo linked pair (on the channel's, config screen). Then send the output from the DAW as a stereo output.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3
Contributor - Level 3

Hi Paul, thank you for your advice it's working, but I wish I understood the routing system better, but I guess I will over time. I have the signal coming in through two auxiliary channels "AUX IN USB" channels one and two and I planned them L-R.

I have another question. I have two pairs of monitors, I would like to A & B them for mixing purposes. I have the first set of monitors plugged into output 7 & 8 using USB aux channels 1 & 2. If I plug the other speakers into output 5 & 6, I've been trying to figure out how to route that using USB aux channels 3 and 4.

Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

@JAB wrote:

I have two pairs of monitors, I would like to A & B them for mixing purposes. I have the first set of monitors plugged into output 7 & 8 using USB aux channels 1 & 2. If I plug the other speakers into output 5 & 6, I've been trying to figure out how to route that using USB aux channels 3 and 4.

One way to do this is to first stereo link channels 3/4. Then go to the Main tab (of one of those channels) and unselect the LR - so that it doesn't go to the Main LR). Finally on the Routing, Out 1-16, change Outputs 5/6 to DirOut Ch 3/4 (post fader) respectively. 

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3
Contributor - Level 3

Once again thank you Paul. I'm still trying to figure that one out, and I'm getting close. LOL

I have another question if possible. My board will never leave my studio so I'm using studio monitors. Output 7 & 8 are for the mains and the TRS plugs are for the monitors. Using headphones with the mains the master volume affects the headphone mix. Using the monitor output it does not. Is there anyway to route the mains to the headphones?