Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

TC Helicon Blender - Linux drivers?

Hi,
we have a project that would include TC-Helicon Blender in several packages but we need it fully functional on Raspberry Pi (Linux).

Do you plan to release Linux drivers for it?

It would mean us a lot, and we would be able to make our project come true with your product which solves a lot of pain we had to make this possible! With your device we would only need Raspberry Pi and Blender to make it possible!

Please if there's a way, tell us how we can help!

Best regards,
Vedran

Vedran Contributor - Level 2 2019-05-27

2019-05-27

TC Helicon Blender - Linux drivers?

Hi,
we have a project that would include TC-Helicon Blender in several packages but we need it fully functional on Raspberry Pi (Linux).

Do you plan to release Linux drivers for it?

It would mean us a lot, and we would be able to make our project come true with your product which solves a lot of pain we had to make this possible! With your device we would only need Raspberry Pi and Blender to make it possible!

Please if there's a way, tell us how we can help!

Best regards,
Vedran

• 0 Kudos
  • 5 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: TC Helicon Blender - Linux drivers?

Also, I've tried it on Windows 10 with your drivers, and while it should work as ASIO device, in software I've tried it didn't work at all.

Tried: 

- vMix

- OBS x64

- Audacity

Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

The blender is core audio compliant so it should work on linux without any 3’rd party drivers.

Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Hi,

I've tried it on Linux, but while it gets recognized by it, I can't use it in any software.

TC-Helicon says that they don't support Blender for Linux, and that they don't even think about doing a support for that case... 

Can anyone else test this out and for sure say that it works for them?

@Roblof  ?

Thanks!

Tags (3)
Highlighted
Triber Alumni

Hey @Vedran,
Unfortunately I can confirm that Blender does not work with Linux (tested on a Raspberry Pi 3 here) and there are no plans to implement compatibility.  Thanks so much for your interest and apologies we can't help you out.

Testing engineer at TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

There is a way to make the tc-helicon Blender work on Linux, but it is not the most convenient one.
If you were to plug-in the device into a Windows box first, let the driver initialize the device, then unplug the USB cable and plug it into a Linux box, you will get 12 input channels in Ardour and a playback back to the Blender working perfectly fine.

It looks like the only part that is missing is just the initial handshake between the driver and the device.